What a great meeting!

Guest Rileyporter

Guest Rileyporter

Learned so much from about 2 hours of watching.. Simply amazing...

Justin (I am pretty sure that was his name) the guest speaker... WOW! My wife and I sat and listened in amazement... We both wished in our AP BIO classes we would have been able to work with something so ambitious in Marine Biology. This was my first meeting but will not be our last! Thanks to all the Officers who made this happen!

For all of you who missed the presentation... I am pretty sure that we filmed it. We really should make is releasable on the website. (If anyone needs help in converting the video to mp4 or DIVX/XVID let me know)

Riley

I concur and i made out like a bandit with equipment :biggrin:

I'd really like to see it riley, i showed up kinda late

Edited by jason the filter freak

I also learned a lot about how to chop helpless corals into small bits :-) I'm sure that if I had been able to stand up longer, I would have come home with a bunch of frags. Thanks to everyone for putting it on. Anyone else think of the irony of serving crab dip at an aquarist meeting? Heh heh.

(it's a joke about the crab dip, you know. I'm an avid sushi eater myself)

Was most excellent to meet so many fine people just looking to HAVE SOME FUN!!! :cheers:

Thanks for all those who put this together and all those who attended!

Was great to put faces to all those names too, even some cute ones too!

....ok, quit running away from me!!! HEY!!!! :cry:

I also agree. The meeting was pretty cool. Better than I had even anticipated. Even though I'm still pretty new, it was good to see all the familiar faces in one place, not to mention relating alot of new faces to names/IDs.

I also made out pretty well. I did a frag count today, and I have 41 different frags, 16 from today, more from other generous WAMAS members, along with a few I paid for. Now time to sit back and watch them grow.

Thanks again to the WAMAS staff for making this happen. Since the group is sitting on so much $, can I request that the next meeting be catered by Ruth's Chris steakhouse?

The meeting was great!!! Got many beautiful corals and learned alot from listening to the guest speakers lecture. I got there halfway through the lecture so if I could access the lecture on WAMAS that would be great.

Great Meeting!!

Ali

Guest Rileyporter

Was most excellent to meet so many fine people just looking to HAVE SOME FUN!!! :cheers:

Thanks for all those who put this together and all those who attended!

Was great to put faces to all those names too, even some cute ones too!

....ok, quit running away from me!!! HEY!!!! :cry:

Howard... Seriously.. I am flattered...Thx for the cute comment. But... really.. I am married! LOL!

Seriously though.. Anyone have any information about the Video Camera of the presentation? I am sure some WAMAS members would love to watch it.

Riley

wish I could been there :( but figured I should wait till I get my membership card ??? anyway, I was thinking about ya'll (insert Southern Dawl)....... maybe I can make another one soon......

As far as the powerpoint presentation, there wasn't one due to some technical issues. The club does have Justin's presentation on dvd from when it hosted MACNA.

Anyhow, it was awesome that the workshop fell on this weekend and I was able to be in town. Really enjoyed seeing this tradition as strong as ever, and some new powertools being put to use. I enjoyed catching up with many old friends. Thanks to all who helped fill my cooler with frags to bring back to Albany.

Thanks for a great day!

Michael

I'll check on the video....

I will say that Justin promised us a copy of his presentation (hopefully in the next week or so), and we'll get it up on the website (neither of the copies he brought seemed to be able to be opened... not 100%sure why...

Dave

Guest fishwish

I posted on another thread, but will repeat here... GREAT MEETING!!!!!!!!!! So informative and lots of fun meeting you all!!!

And I have frags all over my tank!! Woo hoo!! Now, please, please grow!!

Ellen

Thanks everyone for your generosity. I managed to practically stock my nano with all the free frags. : :wig:

It was great to meet everyone and put some faces with names.

Clearly I shoulda paid more attention to the fragging, i olny got 5 polyp worth or zoa and something i'm not even sure what it was but they said they were going to get rid of it if no one takes it, monti cap (no idea what to do with this one :blush: , but i didn't was to see it "gotten rid of :rollface: "... maybe.... still i'm loving these zoas!! and the equpiment that i picked up was simply amazing. When that video comes out is it going to be hosted in a thread or somewhere else, I'm rather curious about it :idea: Thanks everyone for your generosity!!

Special thanks as well to Dandy7200 (Dan Lichens) for donating the use of his tile saw. We mucked it up pretty good! It was nasty! It made quick work though of the acans, encrusting montis, galaxias.

And a thank you to all the donations! Many commented on the increasing quality of the colonies we are getting for these workshops.

I wish I could have met more of you folks, but was running around frantically as usual.....

Special thanks as well to Dandy7200 (Dan Lichens) for donating the use of his tile saw. We mucked it up pretty good! It was nasty! It made quick work though of the acans, encrusting montis, galaxias.

OHHHHHHH [d]insert profanity here[d]!!!!!! I forgot it was in my van last night and just went out there!!!!! My car has the rankest smell I you could possibly imagine!!! :cry:

Other than that I had a great time :cheers:

Guest Kimmers723

Just wanted to drop in and add my 2 cents.. Thanks EVERYONE!! That was the coolest meeting that I have ever went to. I didnt fall asleep once!!! lol.. It was so nice meeting everyone and seeing who you are! Thanks again for all the great frags! We couldnt believe how many frags we were coming home with. In all the hobbies I've "dabbled" with, I have yet to meet nicer people than "reefers". What a great community!

Thanks again

Kimmers

Regular meetings are quarterly... (meaning we bring a speaker in).

There are "informal" meetings/socials that are more frequent:

i.e. tank tours/socials/making stuff parties...

Dave

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put this event on for the rest of us! It was great to actually meet so many face to face w/ real names even.

Thank you!

Jenny

Wish I could have made it too. Been here 1 yr and only made it to 1 meeting so far . . . pretty bad batting average! Any way you all could hook up some kinda webcam next time so those of who cannot physically be there can at least participate vicariously via the web? :)

Edit: why do I usually seem to be the threadkiller . . . ? I seem to have the same effect at parties too . . .

• 2 months later...

I'll check on the video....

I will say that Justin promised us a copy of his presentation (hopefully in the next week or so), and we'll get it up on the website (neither of the copies he brought seemed to be able to be opened... not 100%sure why...

Dave

Dave, did we ever get this?