Deep Blue plumbing confusion

yagerboy

I am plumbing my DB 80g rimless and am looking for advice.  The drain is typically the larger 1” and return 3/4”.  Why is the 1” bulkhead next to where the return hole is in the overflow valve?  Do you cross over or should the drain be the 3/4” hole?  Literally confused and frustrated at this point.

Any experienced advice is appreciated 

Not sure I am following your question- any photos? I have don’t plumbing on several tanks including a couple DB 80s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to draw as better then a pic.  It

is a corner overflow and the 1” drain is next

to the cut out for the return nozzle.  It seems to me that the 1” and 3/4” drilled holes should be switched.  Make s sense?

138B11F0-F37D-46D9-BDAA-2820CFE7A1DB.jpeg

Sounds like a typical corner overflow box. The 1 inch indeed is the drain and the 3/4 inch indeed is the return. The return just has a pipe with an elbow that points toward the pre cut hole in the overflow box where the return locline typically sits. The drain typically sits lower in the box than the return so it leaves room. These are just random grabs from R2R and may obviously be different than yours. Pictures definitely help.b3e2fe8b34de00fe42af5af5f6f5d452.jpgc5571624d59a0c220c63176558007f69.jpg100e961761d02b0b0c89c30a49004c2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The loc line on the return is going to

a. Be above the drain pipe

b. extend your return

don’t over think it. 

Thanks Eric.  That’s what I was thinking too.  It looks like your 3/4 is opposite of mine.  I’ll have to run my return over my drain but shouldn’t be a huge issue