Sps dying

Kaiser

Need advice guys 
I have 40g tank over year old , had few sps, hammers, torce and other stoney corals ,
I put them with my other soft corals like lots of johas, gsp, keintree gonipora few mushrooms and other soft corals ,, one by one all my Stoney corals died but where all my soft corals thrives,,, what is reason dying my Stoney corals 
I used to change water  every week and all my perimeters  were within range 
So please pro guys what could be the reason not having lack with Stoney corals !!

sps are generally much more sensitive than lps and softies. Stability is key, not just hitting specific parameter numbers. To narrow down the issues, tell us a little more about your tank. Lighting, flow, dosing, actual parameter numbers, testing routine, ect… pictures are also very helpful. There are a ton of variables with sps success. 

Flow, temperature, or lighting if inadequate could cause issues even when water chemistry is normal.  It's also worth double checking your water with another set of kits (maybe get a LFS to check too), it's possible for kit reagents to go bad and read off of what they should, or your refractometer to drift away from where it should be and leave you with the wrong salinity.

Do you have Acros, or other SPS?  There are some leather corals that release chemicals into the water that can poison acropora.

I have had similar experience a few years back.  Did an ICP test to find out that I had high Tin in my water.  Torches, hammers, softies were all fine, but the SPS were STNing.  If you have stable acceptable general parameters, I would do an ICP test.

Good luck.  It can be frustrating.  But it can be figured out and addressed.

sps are generally much more sensitive than lps and softies. Stability is key, not just hitting specific parameter numbers. To narrow down the issues, tell us a little more about your tank. Lighting, flow, dosing, actual parameter numbers, testing routine, ect… pictures are also very helpful. There are a ton of variables with sps success. 

I have tow kessil 360x used runs 12h due to hair elgae now running 8h , have tow flow power head all over my tank getting flow modaretly , I dose 700ml kalkwasser daily (2 spoon with 2g water mix)
Just checked my water peramiter
Ph 8.02
Phos - 08
Salinity-35
Cal- 500
Alk- 9
Meg -1430
Nit- 4

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_9687.jpg

Where were the corals in the scape?  From the extension of the zoas, it's probably not so bright in the lower half, though that goni in the center looks pretty happy.  Parameters wise it seems generally good, a little high on the magnesium and calcium side, but not problematically so, and the goni, fungia, candy cane, etc. are stony corals that seem to be doing well, so I don't think it's a skeleton-forming-chemistry thing.

My guess is light intensity and flow.  A breeze on the corals you have will be on the low side for an acro, and there are spots in the scape that probably get a lot less than that. and with the light situation maybe the best spots would be sort of centered under each light, at least mid tank high, otherwise if the lights are down at all, you could likely increase them slowly (less than a percent a day) and not %$#* off too much of what you've got, and then get something sps and give it a try in a higher light and flow area.

Are you running granular activated coral (GAC) in your system. Any chance you're seeing signs of coral chemical warfare (allelopathy) - in this case, the release of chemical toxins from the soft corals affecting your hard corals?

GAC can help capture and remove these chemicals from the closed aquarium system.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Where were the corals in the scape?  From the extension of the zoas, it's probably not so bright in the lower half, though that goni in the center looks pretty happy.  Parameters wise it seems generally good, a little high on the magnesium and calcium side, but not problematically so, and the goni, fungia, candy cane, etc. are stony corals that seem to be doing well, so I don't think it's a skeleton-forming-chemistry thing.

My guess is light intensity and flow.  A breeze on the corals you have will be on the low side for an acro, and there are spots in the scape that probably get a lot less than that. and with the light situation maybe the best spots would be sort of centered under each light, at least mid tank high, otherwise if the lights are down at all, you could likely increase them slowly (less than a percent a day) and not %$#* off too much of what you've got, and then get something sps and give it a try in a higher light and flow area.

Most of my acropora montipora stage died
Flow is good I think but the light intensity I put way less then 50%
I think could be the light per killed my corals
I’ll try as you say
Thanks for advice sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It kinda looks like you have an African Flameback Angel in there, but it's only yellow on the face. What fish do you have?

Some (like the flameback) nip at SPS. 

There is a big difference in difficulty b/t SPS. Monti are pretty easy, where as imo acropora are much harder to keep. I do think if they were monti that died it was either chemical warfare or nipping fish assuming parameters are pretty stable and everything else is looking good. 

It kinda looks like you have an African Flameback Angel in there, but it's only yellow on the face. What fish do you have?

Some (like the flameback) nip at SPS. 

There is a big difference in difficulty b/t SPS. Monti are pretty easy, where as imo acropora are much harder to keep. I do think if they were monti that died it was either chemical warfare or nipping fish assuming parameters are pretty stable and everything else is looking good. 

The angle is good never saw nipping on my any corals
Not sure why probably me being newbi that’s why all my acropora montipora died
I’m taking time learning more and try to stability my water perameters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk