Freight shipping a big tank, where to start??

Anyone here have experience getting a big tank shipped interstate? I just got an offer on a waterbox 7225 that I absolutely cannot turn down in my right mind. 

I won't be back on the mainland for about 6 months and I want to get the tank shipped from Florida to Maryland. 

But I have nooo idea where to start at figuring out freight. They'd have to pack the tank, stand, sump, and door to door ship. 

Any guidance whatsoever would be so appreciated. 

It's probably more important to have someone pack and crate it appropriately than it is having a specific person delivering.  I'd probably try and talk to stores or tank maintenance operations where the tank is to see if someone has experience crating it and can either recommend things or can actually do it for you, then while they may have a preference for shipping, you're likely looking for an LTL shipping service with a lift gate.  There are a number of aggregators around, and in my very limited experience with them, they can be somewhat unreliable... but there are also large national freight shipping services which will move it end to end.

While the sump and stand may be more standard packing items, I would not ask for the seller to crate the tank unless they've done it before.... and it really does need to be crated rather than just packed into boxes or loaded onto a pallet.  If the deal is as good as you seem to be describing, you're going to spend more on crating and shipping than on the tank.

Another option could maybe be a house/furniture moving company, but again I think you want the tank crated before any mover gets their hands on it.

On 1/31/2022 at 6:26 PM, DaJMasta said:

If the deal is as good as you seem to be describing, you're going to spend more on crating and shipping than on the tank.

This. 

And then if you need a liftgate, I'm presuming the seller or you don't have a loading dock, that's additional dollars as well. I just had a pallet delivered to my house at about 175lbs, and it cost me $200+ freight, and that was from PA to MD.