Coraline scraping tools here

davjbeas

Hello,

Every 2 weeks to a month I need to scrape my glass tank down to clean off all the coraline algae.

every time i do it the tank looks great again. I have collected some tools to make it easier.

The basic tool is a utility knife razor which I bought 50 for under $10.00

The next one is the red handle one which i use to get into tight spaces.

The one that looks like a screw driver is for very hard to reach spots.

the last 2 you can buy at the autoparts store cheap and they use regular razor blades for replacement.

The one that looks like a screwdriver had oil on the metal, so I ran it through the dishwasher to make sure the tank doesn't get contaminated.

here is a picture......

aquariumpics9-21-06001.jpg

These tools will not work for tanks that are acrylic. however the screwdriver looking scraper comes with 3 red plastic blades that can be used to scrape acrylic.

the red handled tool cost $5, the scredriver one costs about 8$

I hope this helps some people out there.

David B.

:)

You need one of these.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AF1311

I got one from BRK last week and it is so much easier than anything i have used. I was so happy i called John to say this thing rocks. I get coraline on my glass often and i would use the hand tools to get it off but my hand would cramp all the time. Just take the blade off when not using or it will rust.

rocko918, what magnet are you using this with? I have one of these at home i decided not to use it.

However I should try it probably.

David

i have the mag float, not sure what size it is but its the square one not the retangle one.

it is so awesome, you do have the glue the plastic thing to the mag but you can take the blade off and leave the mag in the water. it take coraline off nicely.

I made one as well last night at it worked great

I made mine so it could also double as a romaine or nori clip.

Hey Chip, Just be careful with the metal on the blade, it will rust. I take the blade off when i am done using it.

Hey Chip, Just be careful with the metal on the blade, it will rust. I take the blade off when i am done using it.

In order to attach the romaine or nori I have to remove it, plus I wouldn't leave the blade part in anyhooter.

got a pic?

haha your too much