Identification

bable

Bubble Algae.  Very obtrusive if you don't get ahead of it.  Take the roach out and manually remove with frag tool or tweezers.

Yes it’s bubble algae, more concerning though are the zoas / palys that appear to be on the rock.

If you poke/cut this rock to remove the algae wear appropriate ppe to avoid palytoxin exposure.

Do not cook the rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't actually tried it, but would hydrogen peroxide spot treating help with this?  It's a large area for it, but zoas are pretty tolerant of it as a dip, so you may be able to get a fair bit of area covered with just squirting some on the algae covered portions.

Probably not good to dip the whole rock because of the other potential stuff on/in it, though.

(edited)

Vibrant also works pretty well at helping reduce and eliminate Bubble algae.

If your lucky emerald crabs will also eat it.  

Edited by ReefAddict

That's kind of a lot of bubble algae to try to pick off.  I've always thought it looks kind of cool, but it can quickly take over a lot of real estate.  For a while in a previous tank I had red bubble algae that tends to be bigger bubbles that I liked a lot.

As others have said, be careful around the zoas.  Wash your hands well after handling.