AlgaeBarn Chaeto 'Out of Stock'

Aquastudent

I've been looking to jump start my sump with a bit of clean chaeto. I've bend watching the page on AlgaeBarn but every time I check they are out of stock. 

Does anybody know why they haven't bend able to resupply it yet? (Or have I just been missing it)

Any other recommendations for alternatives? I'm hoping to start fresh rather than from a used system if I can. 

Chaeto is chaeto. Why does it make any different whether you get it from a vendor or another reefer? If you afraid of pest, then give it a good rinse. my 2 cent

Agreed. I ordered mine from algae barn originally, but i grow lots of extra. I'm in North Bethesda if you want to buy some. $10 for decent handful. I also have Ulva.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Most of our members happily give away free chaeto, like Chuck (Flood) said above...

It’s hard to find “clean” Cheato, even Algae Barns clean cheato is not guaranteed clean.  

I think I’m around the corner from you and would happily give you some of mine.  I can’t say it’s “clean” but I don’t have aiptasia in any of my tanks, I do have typical bristle worms, vermited snails, micro brittle stars and I’m sure other micro fauna.  

I got mine from another member and soaked it in fresh RODI water for about a day, then rinsed and observed in a 2 gallon tank I had laying around for a few days before adding to my tank.  

Thanks all. Yes, I wanted to try and keep from introducing anything unknown to the system. I like the idea of soaking it in RODI for a couple days!

I appreciate the bode of confidence! Means I can move forward too!