Custom Tank Build recommendations

Newbie012000

Hello everyone.  Unfortunately my 265 failed last night and developed a leak from the bottom.  My livestock are in my sump tank, but I am need of a custom tank ASAP, as I will never buy another Marineland aquarium.   
can anyone please recommend a custom builder who does quality work and will not take over 3 months to deliver?  Any help is appreciated. Thx.  

I don't have a maker to recommend, but maybe there is another manufacturer that makes an equivalent sized tank by default.  With a little googling around, it seems like the 84x24x24 is a size that some make as a 200G, but there's at least one maker doing stands for the 30 inch high configuration.  I think Perfecto is the same as Marineland, and that seems to be the ready-for-purchase options I see, but would you consider acrylic?  There are a few online places that do custom acrylic and advertise similar sizes of their standard options.

Just thinking that if you got a tank from somewhere either with stock or with a big enough operation to do advertise custom orders with a substantial stock that they would have a shorter turnaround time.

Thx DajMasta.  To be honest, I was always worried about acrylic as they seem more difficult to clean. However, I may want to do some additional research, as acrylic may have less failures.  I know Custom Aquariums considers my footprint (30x84x24)to be a standard size they build and I plan to speak with them tomorrow.  Thanks again for the tip I will check online for some of the 200 gallons you reference.  I’m just at a point where I don’t mind spending the extra money for a strong quality build, because I am throwing in the towel if I have another tank failure.  We spend so much money, effort, time, and husbandry with this hobby, and I lose another friend each time I ask for help moving a 400 plus lb aquarium down into my basement (lol). Moving these tanks around is a nightmare.  

I can only recommend the usual suspects...

Miracles - Quality but have no idea what lead time is

Coast to Coast - Quality but pricey

Reef Saavy - You *may* get it within a year

Good luck with your search and sorry to hear about the leak.

The problem with custom aquariums right now is they are having issues getting glass if you can believe it. 

im helping a buddy build a high end reef savvy tank and was quoted 9 months for delivery. But it’s looking closer to 11. 

When I had my miracles tank built I think it took a solid 3 months from order to delivery. 

you might want to look on R2R for someone breaking down a large set up. Would be the quickest turnaround time 

I had mine built by Crystal Dynamics. Extremely pleased with the tank and build quality. Had long lead time though. They were great to work with. If you reach out directly to any of the custom places, they may be able to help out with emergencies like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acrylic scratches.... it takes a bit of elbow grease but it's possible to remove scratches. easier when the tank is empty

I LOVE my SCAquariums tanks.  They are really well-built, crystal clear glass, and not very expensive.  I would send Steve an email and see if he either has something in your size or can make it for you.  

Thanks for the input and suggestions everyone.  And yes that acrylic is the correct size (hmmm).  I guess I shouldn’t find it hard to believe that companies are having difficulty acquiring glass since it took me forever to get a fence installed  due to a shortage of lumber that was attributed to COVID. workers were sent home.