New to WAMAS

Hello.  I am new to WAMAS and to reefing.  I have had a FOWLR 50 gallon tank for about 20 years.  I have decided to retire that tank and am in the process of replacing that with my first reef tanks.  I am starting up 2 separate 32 gallon Biocubes.  The first one is up and running and I will start on the second when the my first is ready to accept a couple of fish from my old tank.  I am doing Biocubes because I need something enclosed (we have a cat) and they are about the biggest my wife would go for.

Dianel,

Welcome to the club.

If you are interested, i am willing to donate a frag to your reef.

Let me know if and when you are ready for it.

Milton

So far I have a small group of Zoas, a toadstool leather, a duncan and a ricordia florida an a cleaner shrimp with a few blue leg hermits, 2 trochus snails , 2 small nassarius snails, and 2 astrea snails.  I just got a blue neon goby (wife's favorite) and a tiger pistol shrimp.  I was suppose to pick up a yellow watchman goby but it looked about dead when the sore got it in.  I have a Royal Gramma and a Clown I Plan to move over in the next few weeks. The I Will start on the second tank.  I plan on doing Softies, Zoas and LPS with small frags and growing them out.

Menglish

Thanks for the offer. That would be great.  I will let follow up with you in a few weeks to make sure my tank is stable.

I added started a tank build thread.  Thanks for the advice lynn.reef.nerd.  Any tips or recommendations would be great. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to WAMAS. It sounds like you have a lot of years to build on from your FOWLR - not everybody enters the hobby with that sort of base. Enjoy the hobby. It's challenging but rewarding. I hope that we're able to help make it more so.