Strange Anemone Behavior

MaeganWink

Hello everyone!

I have a connected system with two 55 gallon tanks, 1 frag tank, and a sump all connected. For almost a year now I've had anemones in both 55 gallon tanks and they have THRIVED. They've grown and split and always look happy. Recently, however, the anemones in one of the 55 gallon tanks have gotten super angry. They'e shrunk and even moved around like they're unsettled. The anemones in the other 55 are all happy, open, normal. I've tested the water parameters (Nitrates, Ammonia, Salinity, pH) and everything is normal. The tanks all share the same water anyway. Temperature is normal and the two tanks literally use the same light fixture. I feed all the anemones once a week, but from the same food source as well.

Any idea of what could be pissing off my anemones or what else I could test? The only thing that has changed recently is I think my protein skimmer isn't working (I'm getting a new one), but again, they all share the same water, so why would that affect one side but not the other??? I'm stumped. 

IMO....The best thing is do a water 20% water change and get the new skimmer ASAP. The Skimmer is one of the most important pieces of equipment besides a Fresh water top-off.

Nems ebb and flow. They were probably pooping. Or getting used to their new space.