Jump to content

CallMeJus

WAMAS Member
  • Content Count

    77
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About CallMeJus

  • Rank
    Urchin
  • Birthday January 18

Custom Fields

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Woodbridge

Recent Profile Visitors

294 profile views
  1. Thanks everyone for your input. I'm going to get this Alk under control then go from there.
  2. What basic parameters should I be shooting for for a Mixed Reef? Cal in the 400s Mag in the high 12-low 13 range And Alk around 8? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. I'm going to look into 2-part more. It seems easier, especially in my case. I just stuck w/ the Seachem stuff because its what I learned from my LFS back in San Diego and it seemed to work well when I had the tank set up there.
  4. Fixed. I’m a dumb-dumb and fat fingered it. Also, would you recommend discontinuing the manual dosing and adding 2-part to my ATO? I’ve always been worried about it dosing too much or too little. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. I was told that Alk on the higher end would help grow SPS but lower Alk would help coloration? Which is why I’ve kept it on the higher end up to this point. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. - Just carbon, no GFO. - I’m usually testing twice a week - I just assumed it was flatworms from the symptoms the tank was showing, and not changing anything as far as water,temp,feeding,dosing is concerned. Although I did add more phosban to the recommended levels over time. This is really all I’ve been tracking on a constant basis. I’ve tried not to chase numbers, just make sure everything is in the within the recommended levels. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. I was using Salifert for Phosphate but I’m out and haven’t tested in about a week but the readings were almost unnoticeable after running the phosphate reactor. I use API test strips for the rest of the other parameters (aside from what I stated in the OP) I was under the assumption that Acro and other SPS liked ULN systems, and like I said, everything else in the tanknis doing great. [emoji2371] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. No, I can’t see where this is going, which is why I’m here to learn... Everything in the tank was doing amazing, and still is minus the Acro (which was growing for a while). My other SPS is still growing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. You think I should discontinue the reactor for now? Or go longer without water changes? at the moment I only have to clean the glass maybe every three days. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Maxspect R420R 160W w/ upgraded lenses I haven’t changed the photoperiod that I can think of though. 1: 0800 W:0 B:1 2. 1000 W:30 B:70 3. 1100 W:60 B:80 4. 1600 W:70 B:90 5. 1900 W:40 B:100 6. 2100 W:0 B:1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. And what was a JF Fox Flame :/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Don’t think I can get much better than that. Turned the blues all the way down and used AquariCam. Also turned off flow. I’ve removed the couple of Frags that already looked 100% dead but there wasn’t much to show there other then the white skeleton [emoji47] Whit I find interesting is how quickly Coralline too over that one with the yellow arrow Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Tips down. Best pic I could get. You and see Coralline has already encrusted almost the entire part of one Acropora Skeleton, in like two weeks, if that. (Red arrow) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. I’ve got a 60gal Mixed Reef, about 7-8 months old. Pretty well stocked with fish and coral. Added one Coral (Leptastrea frag) in the past month since I’ve started having issues with my SPS. I dip every new coral I get with Coral Rx. So a couple weeks ago I started noticing my Acropora frags taking a downward spiral. I thought it was flatworms but now whatever the issue is, is also attacking my Millie frags. It’s really frustrating because I am extremely meticulous with my tank, and all of my SPS was already encrusting onto the rock and then all of a sudden this happens. I refuse to be disheartened because I believe this is all part of the hobby. It’s especially annoying because literally everything else in the tank is fully open, growing, and happy. I’ve got Montis, Chalice, Torch, Fragspawn, Octospawn, Cloves, Zoas, Palys, Acans, Mushrooms, Kenya Trees, Leathers, Duncans, Xenia RBTA, Rock Flower Nem, and a Derasa Clam. They are all doing GREAT. I do one water change a month about 20% with Saltwater from the LFS and have a Tunze ATO that pumps RODI from the LFS so I know Salinity is good. (I also check it atleast twice a week with a calibrated refractometer) I dose Reef Builder and Reef Advantage whenever the tank needs it. I also dose Acro Power once a week. My parameters pretty stable around: Salinity 1.026X Cal 420 Alk 10.2 Mag 1280 The other parameters are all pretty much undetectable on my Test Strips, although I use Salifert for the above parameters. I’m running a protein skimmer, Refugium with Chaeto and Miracle Mud, and a phosphate Reactor with phosban. I feed the tank Rods Food, Reef Roids, Phyto Feast, and Oyster Feast. Im running a Macspect RZR 160Watt with upgraded lenses and haven’t changed the photoperiod. I also run filter floss and GFO carbon bags bc it fits perfect in one of my Sump chambers. I’ve got a titanium Finnix heater, and Maxspect Gyre. If there’s something I left out that could help diagnose the problem let me know. Thank you in advance! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Thanks for the clarification everyone. After doing more research, I’m pretty confident it’s a vermetid snail. I’m going to go ahead and put a bead of super glue on the end of it just to be safe.
×
×
  • Create New...