TDS Meter Blowout!!

johnnybv

I got a great deal on the Hanna Hand held TDS Meters, and will pass it along to WAMAS!

$19.95 ea!!! Only have 18 coming in so act fast, send me a PM if you want one. You must pick up within 2 weeks of their arrival, which should be Tuesday 9/5

check them out here.

http://www.hannainst.com/products/testers/...rodCode=TDS%201

I am new. Can someone please explain what TDS measurements are?

Thanks,

Chris

I got a great deal on the Hanna Hand held TDS Meters, and will pass it along to WAMAS!

$19.95 ea!!! Only have 18 coming in so act fast, send me a PM if you want one. You must pick up within 2 weeks of their arrival, which should be Tuesday 9/5

check them out here.

http://www.hannainst.com/products/testers/...rodCode=TDS%201

I am new. Can someone please explain what TDS measurements are?

Thanks,

Chris

TDS = total dissolved solids. Used for measuring how "pure" your RO/DI water is. RO/DI = Reverse Osmosis, De-Ionized.

With that secret decoder ring, try WAMAS "Search" function and google for more information. No need to rehash the whole pile of additional information here.

It is also measured as EC which I believe stands for electrical conductivity. The way they work is that they measure how much electricity can be conducted by water. Water itself does not conduct electricity that well, it's the dissolved solids in the water that do it the best. So, if your water is very pure and is nothing but H2O, it's a poor conductor. If it's got lots of goodies dissolved in it it will conduct electricity much better. That's not to say that if you take a bath in RO/DI water that has a 0 TDS/EC you can use your blow dryer, but the TDS/EC meter will not conduct the tiny jolt of electricity you are delivering through the water. That's also why they say to measure in a plastic container so that you are not conducting from contact with something outside of the water, it's insulated against foreign currents.

So, if you get a TDS meter, and this sounds like a great deal, you can measure the purity of your filtered water. As an example, tap water typically has a TDS/EC reading in the 200-400 level while saltwater measures in the thousands. Filtered RO/DI water should ideally measure out at 0, meaning it's pure.

Can you put new batteries in those brand of TDS meters?? It looks alot like the free one I got with my RO/DI unit and I couldn't replace the batteries on that one. If you can, then put me down for one.

From the link provided by Johnny (bolding added by me):

TDS 1 is a simple and affordable pocket tester for TDS measurements. The measurement is automatically compensated for temperature variations, thanks to its internal temperature sensor. Calibration can be performed in one point with a trimmer. Batteries can be easily replaced after removing the top cover.

Is it Christmas yet?

:D