Neptune trident Q & A / review

pizzaguy

I know theres probably plenty of people in the wamas community with the trident. I would like to hear some feedback on it. Good or bad. What you have learned along the way etc. I have one coming so trying to get ahead of the game, kinda. 

I tried the alkatronic and well, that just didnt work out. Hopefully this works out better for me.

It's pretty accurate so far for me.  It has helped me to stabilize my system without during a lot of manual testings.

Reagent supply is a problem under current COVID environment.  Neptune shipped out all they got on hand a few weeks ago and asked distributors/stores to trickle them out.  It will be tough getting the reagents in the near future.  No one know when the reagents refill will be back as generally available.  People are coming up with various strategies(manually testing once per day) to ride through this shortage.  Depending on if you also got a 6 month supply(can carry you through the next 8 months), you may or may not want to hook it up yet as there are adverse effects to making the reagents last longer.

I’ve been running mine since december, and super happy with it. I’ve been using trident controlled dosing just for alk, and it maintains a .1 swing (.2 max). Alk testing has been consistent and accurate, calcium has been pretty good but doesn’t quite have my full confidence. Be sure to follow ALL the guidance from neptune on setup. Such as, have the trident higher than sample line, DO NOT cut sample/waste lines, run at least 3 full tests before calibration, calibrate with sample line no more than 6” from where it will be located, do not run less than 4 test per day, do not try to combine old reagent or get every last drop. A lot of the complaints I’ve seen are due to user error or unrealistic expectations. It’s a great tool, but not a magic infallible machine.

With the covid reagent shortage, you might want to wait to set it up. But I’ve heard neptune may have gotten a few more shipments out recently. So keep checking all the online stores. They’ve been slowing releasing what they have, but usually sell out within an hour of being in stock. I’ve gotten lucky by following brs on facebook, people sometimes post when they find where it’s in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up... BRS has over 300 2 month reagents in stock. Main page says out of stock, but when you click on the 2 month they are there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk