Temperature Fluctuation

Avery

So I recently bought an ink bird temperature controller to try to preserve the life of my Apex EB832. The apex was much better with maintaining a constant temperature. I am worried I may now have too much fluctuation throughout the day. The apex maintained within .5 degrees and the inkbird has about 1.8 degree fluctuation. Is this something I should be concerned with?

0167085B-8B66-4CE4-AD76-F513B1A78A0F.png

DAEACFC0-A2C5-4CE2-93C3-F0364D5A3485.png

Worried, no. You did have a better situation, though, with the Apex. I've run my heaters on my Apex for the last 7 or 8 years without issue.

BTW, mine run on an EB8, not an EB832. I'm unfamiliar with the innards of an EB832. The EB8 is a workhorse and great for expansion.

34 minutes ago, Origami said:

BTW, mine run on an EB8, not an EB832. I'm unfamiliar with the innards of an EB832. The EB8 is a workhorse and great for expansion.

+1 to this.  I have a seperate EB8 for my heaters.  They have a long proven track record.  But yah the new EB832's have a few glitches with high cycle quantities. Heaters, ato pumps, and any high cycle items are not a good idea to run on the new EB832's.   At least with the first batch of them.  Not sure with the second gen ones that came out a year after.