What powerheads for 3/4inch glass

wildcrazyjoker81

Just picked up a new tank for a future build (220G Peninsula made by Miracles) and it is 3/4 inch glass. What powerheads are you all using with glass this thick? I read many reviews that MP40s tend to fall/slide over time. Currently I have two MP40s (one QWD and one WES with driver upgrade) that I was hoping to use for the new build. I know I need to set the pins for the older model, but still worried that the dry side will fall.

I have a 3/4” miracles and have been running MP40’s with no spacers for years with no issues. If you go tunze you need the upgraded magnets. But if you have MP40’s you will be fine. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, sethsolomon said:

I used jebao's and Maxspect Gyres on my 250g that had 3/4" glass  and they worked great.

Wow surprised Jebao pumps work for glass this thick. Good to know. I have been looking at the gyres as well. Thanks.

1 hour ago, epleeds said:

I have a 3/4” miracles and have been running MP40’s with no spacers for years with no issues. If you go tunze you need the upgraded magnets. But if you have MP40’s you will be fine. 

Yeah I thought that is what you had, but couldn't remember off the top. Would just hate to have one fall off. Thanks.

Edited by wildcrazyjoker81