Calcium needs

Sharkey18

Hey everyone, 

I am no longer able to keep up with my calcium needs by dosing. Is a calcium reactor the next logical step? If so, any recommendations? 

Mainly depends on your budget and if your already running an apex. 

Geo is a great unit if you have a controller. If you don’t, Dastasco units from Unique corals are amazing. 

Well, I am considering a major overhaul of all of my equipment and part of that might include a new controller. I have an old APEX but I never really loved the interface. I'm not a tech person.  I'll probably include a new controller in my plans if I can find one that has an easy user experience. 

I'm actually look for help with this new build. Thinking about hiring a consultant for re-design of my fish room and installation of new equipment.

I have the GHL Profilux 4 system and also the Pacific Sun AC Mini Calcium Reactor.  I have had the GHL for two years and has been very stable and in my opinion easier to use than Apex.  I have had the AC Mini for 1.5 years and has been easy to use.  

Edited by going deep

Hi Laura! Are you now dosing two part and that's not keeping up?

I've been running a large korallin calcium reactor for about ten years now. Reliable, but they have their own challenges.

Hey Laura, I ran a Geo for years and it did the trick.  Like you I am not an Apex guy so the Milwaukee pH controllers were easy to set up and use.  No programming, just dial it to what you want and let it run.