Caribe sea life rock issue

epleeds

I bought the 40 pound box on amazon. I just put 3 pieces in my tank and when I turned my skimmer back on, it went nuts and won’t stop overflowing. 

anyone have this issue?  Not sure if I should pull these rocks. 

1 hour ago, ImGoingCoastal said:

Probably pretty obvious but did you take out water to compensate for the water the rock displaced?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

+1 make sure sump water level isnt higher than before.

Likely related to your pump failure in wtb thread? Did you get pump working or did you change equipment? i.e. possible (re)break-in period?

Mine did that so I lowered the skimmer internal water level till the extra foam subsided. I think the cause of this is the dry infused bacteria spores they claim are on the rock. I think it was the next day I was able to raise the water level in the skimmer to the normal level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, John said:

Likely related to your pump failure in wtb thread? Did you get pump working or did you change equipment? i.e. possible (re)break-in period?

Different tanks. 

This is crazy. I raised the skimmer almost 4” and it’s still overflowing. Anyone has any idea how long it’s going to take to settle?  I have way too many fish to not have a viable skimmer 

This is crazy. I raised the skimmer almost 4” and it’s still overflowing. Anyone has any idea how long it’s going to take to settle?  I have way too many fish to not have a viable skimmer 

That’s crazy that it’s still going nuts mine definitely didn’t drive the skimmer crazy for this long. I didn’t have to raise the skimmer I just had to lower the water level in the skimmer to as low as I could. I kept it like that till it collected whatever was causing the excessive foam and the foam was back to the normal amount.

Yea. I have mine at the lowest setting inside the skimmer and also raised the skimmer 4”. Doing another water change to see if that helps. 

So raising it 4+ inches worked. Now I have it 1” and it’s still overflowing. Maybe by next week it will be back to normal. It’s crazy that this is only 3 rocks in a 300 gallon system that’s been running for years. 

So raising it 4+ inches worked. Now I have it 1” and it’s still overflowing. Maybe by next week it will be back to normal. It’s crazy that this is only 3 rocks in a 300 gallon system that’s been running for years. 

Ya that’s crazy because I used all 40 lb in a 65 gallon tank and didn’t have the issues you had. I wonder if your rock accidentally got contaminated with something during delivery or when they had it stored in the warehouse. I guess this is a lesson for me to soak it for a few days to rinse it if I order the rock again. This sucks you had to deal with this.

Yea. I’m hoping by this weekend it will start skimming properly. Gonna do another water change as well. It’s unreal. Not going to use the rest of the rock. Gonna stay with dry if I need to add anything and just deal with the lack of color.