where to get MH/T5 fixture repaired?

astroboy

I've got an old Hamilton Technologies MH/T5 light where on one side the MH bulb won't light now. I've switched bulbs, the problem is not a bad bulb but I'd imagine a ballast or capacitor. Does anyone know of a place in NoVa that might work on this thing?

Thanx!

Mark

Mark, is it an electronic or transformer ballast in your light? (The way that you wrote about it, it sounds like it's a simple transformer ballast.) What's the wattage on the lamp and do you have a picture of it (inside and out)? 

I have no idea who might work on it, but there might be an easy-enough troubleshooting procedure that could help you sort it out.

Hi Tom,

I think the ballast is a transformer. I might even have swapped out a ballast on it ten years ago, or else it was another light. I'll take the thing apart this weekend. Actually, I'll have to check whether the bulb fixture has any voltage first, I suppose. I'm always  a little paranoid about working on electrical stuff. If I burned the house down my wife would ruin my whole day!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Mark, sorry for the delay. I got busy at the office and then the holidays were on top of me. Where did you wind up with this?