Amazon CaribSea LifeRock Sale

CallMeJus

I got mine for free at the WAMAS sponsored MACNA. Had to carry it on the metro to get home, which was a huge PITA.

Be aware that Liferock color will change to brown if you use certain methods to treat the rock. Things like vinegar and peroxide will take away the pretty artificially-applied color, though it will color up once it is in the tank for a while.

It won't break as easily as liverock from the ocean. I've had some really nice but old pieces of liverock break a number of times, ruining their aesthetic usefulness. Liferock has never broken on me except from very aggressive purposeful chiselling of surface spots to get off some mushrooms.

Edited by treesprite

Looks like this stuff is still on sale. Thank you! I need 100+ lb for the new tank and wasn’t looking forward to spending $3-5/lb on it. 

Edit: There's also a coupon for $12.46 off that applies at checkout. So they actually cost $70.61 for 40lb right now. Bought 3. 1.76/lb. Not bad at all. 

This is 160/box on BRS too. Sweet :)

Edited by dante411x

It's a shame they can't make rock that is resistant to micro algae, aiptasia, hydroids, redbugs, AEFW, etc. That would be worth a lot of money.

Edited by treesprite

Glad everyone is capitalizing on the deal! My box arrived in pretty decent shape. Instead of glue/epoxy I’m going to drill this rock and use rods to hold everything in place