Frogspawn issue

riks_reef

Hello everyone, I have a frogspawn that just doesn’t seem to want to open up in my 40g. Any advise?API Parameters below. 

Nitrate- 10

Nitrite -0

Ammonia- .25 

PH 7.8 (I’m working on that) 

Phosphate .25  

Calcium 500mg/L

KH 10 

SG 1.025 

Lighting is a current USA marine aquarium LED.

I had it in the middle of the tank and just moved it to the bottom hoping it would open but hasn’t. I tried lowering the flow as well. Any suggestions  ?

Euphs are a bit picky about placement in my experience. Too much flow too little flow. I would leave it where it’s at for a few days and see if it isn’t mad anymore lol. Moving them around pisses them off they stay closed.  Do you have any leather coral? Leathers attack even across the tank. 

Leathers don’t attack corals. They don’t have sweeper tentacles.

Euphylliads certainly do have them.

Is the Euphyllia healthy? if the flesh extends from the head down to the next branch intersection, and it’s white-ish, then it’s at least healthy. 

They generally like low to medium flow and medium to high light.

And sometimes they just close up for a bit for no particular reason.

14 hours ago, Joshifer said:

Euphs are a bit picky about placement in my experience. Too much flow too little flow. I would leave it where it’s at for a few days and see if it isn’t mad anymore lol. Moving them around pisses them off they stay closed.  Do you have any leather coral? Leathers attack even across the tank. 

Yes I do have a leather, Xenia, trumpet, monti, and hammer which are all healthy. My leather on the other side of the rock formation. 

I will just leave it and wait. Thanks you. 

35 minutes ago, zygote2k said:

Leathers don’t attack corals. They don’t have sweeper tentacles.

Euphylliads certainly do have them.

Is the Euphyllia healthy? if the flesh extends from the head down to the next branch intersection, and it’s white-ish, then it’s at least healthy. 

They generally like low to medium flow and medium to high light.

And sometimes they just close up for a bit for no particular reason.

I see small Green tentacles on all of the heads but definitely sucked in and Very small. My hammer is doing well actually so I would assume the frogspawn is healthy as well. 

Yes i do see the white at the intersection. 

I will follow those positions and flow. Thank you for the help.  

Have you had it for a long time and now it's not opening up?  I would give it a few days.

Or is it a new addition that won't open up?  I would suspect too much light or too much flow.  Move the coral to a more shady spot and see how it does.  If it's a new coral, it's possible it came with a type of flatworms that prey on frogspawn.  But it's much more likely that the coral thinks your lights are too bright.

1 minute ago, Jon Lazar said:

Have you had it for a long time and now it's not opening up?  I would give it a few days.

Or is it a new addition that won't open up?  I would suspect too much light or too much flow.  Move the coral to a more shady spot and see how it does.  If it's a new coral, it's possible it came with a type of flatworms that prey on frogspawn.  But it's much more likely that the coral thinks your lights are too bright.

Yes it is relatively new. But when I got it and put it in my tank the tentacles were exposed for about a week end then retracted them. I’ll put it in a shady spot and see what happens thank you. 

I remember Tom warning me about leathers a while back. They release something into the water to attack others I have to to thru my old posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammonia at 0.25 ppm? What's behind this number. A healthy tank should be at zero.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk