Euphyllia stings

MeganTheProfishional

So I've figured out the cause of my mystery stings has to be Euphyllia...which is a shame because we have lots of it at the shop. I wear gloves now whenever I handle it for any period but that isn't always foolproof. Anyone else have this issue and got any suggestions for helping them go away? Or at least stop itching so darn much lol

If it is not real bad, topical hydrocortisone. If it is too bad for that, oral diphenhydramine. If you are tearing off your skin or getting infected, get prescription for Prednisone. Prednisone will take away the itch almost immediately.

I don't like using gloves. If I get stings that are too much for me to tolerate, I go get Prednisone.

Edited by treesprite

I get stung by my hammers and by birds nest . The best thing I have found is to run the hottest water I can tolerate over my hands and fore arms when I am done in the tank. I let it run for a minute or two.  Since doing this I have avoided the really itchy bumps associated with those stings.

What's really funny is that I thought the stuff on my hands from my steering wheel allergy was from stings, because the bumps looked nearly identical and had the exact same instense itching with a stingy/burning feeling.  What tipped me off that it wasn't stings, was the spreading. Stings don't spread and increase in number on their own.  I would rather have had stings than be allergic to my steering wheel.

Edited by treesprite

I’m sure those allergies aren’t fun when they flare up, but that is a nice reason to get chauffeured whenever someone else is with you.;):biggrin: