Plumbing Crisis!

cowrie

Does anyone know a good source (preferably local to N. Va) for gray or black 3/4" and 1/2" pipe and fittings for use in the tank?  

The problem is that we need intakes and outputs for refitting a system with SCWD and closed loop circulation.

Need Tee's, elbows, pipe and glue.

Could only find 3/4" electrical conduit and limited fittings at Home Depot.

Bob and Tamie

#703-276-8316

Guest tgallo
i wish you guys were closer, i have tons of that stuff. I cant believe home depot does not carry 1/2 to 3/4 pvc pipe and fittings, t's and elbows, dumb question, but have you tried the plumbing section rather the electrical  section.  :)

Bob & Tamie,

Steve is right, Fischers Hardware in Springfield has a ton of plumbing items you will need and price is not that bad.

Howard

The problem is gray pvc is for electrical pipe so you will not find it at a plumbing supply house.  you need to go to an electrical supply house and you will not find t's because you can not use t's in electrical pipe because you can not pull wire through t's.  there is a place called dominon elec they are a good place to check.  If you found gray at a plumbing house let me know?  good luck Brian

White PCV is Schedule 40. Grey PVC is schedule 80.  Schedule 80 PVC is twice as thick as 40, it can withstand much higher pressures and is used in chemical applications.  There is also Sch20 that is half the thickness of 40, it's used for vent applications.

Cowrie is looking for grey because they don't want white PVC in their display.  

I would have let them answer this, but at this moment they are down in St. Somewhere sipping on a post dive Margarita!

ild  ild

why not paint them.

Because it is easier to aquire schedule 80 pipe than it is to find somebody that carries fish safe paint that wont leech chemicals into your tank. IMO G