MP 10 blinking rapidly in red

razzpatazzz

There are YouTube videos on how to reset. It’s just some error code and when it happened to me all I had to do was follow instructions on video

Yeah I tried that and I think my ecotech battery is just dead. Tried both of the reset combinations and tried charging it at a friend's house but nothing came of it. Just constantly blinking red.

Also does anyone know when to throw out biopellets in these situations? Just started up a reactor 2 days ago and was wondering if I had to empty them out already. It's been about 4hrs without power so far

Check your power supply for the MP. My MP40 was doing the same. If you have a second unit that is working, swap it out and see if that'll fix it. 

They're both operational now so I don't think that was the case, just the few month old battery backup from ecotech wasn't holding any charge for some reason. I'm going to try to contact ecotech and see if they can replace it or fix it under warranty since it's so new. Thanks for the suggestions

As to your biopellet question, 4 hours shouldn't be an issue, if you're ever concerned give them a good rinse and shake them a bit while doing it to get excess bacterial load off them and you should be good to go. They may take a few days to rebuild their bacterial coating but I've never had a problem with that. I've gone something like 18-24 hours without flow before and as long as they were still tumbling didn't worry about it.