I need to purchase a skimmate collection, any advice?

TonyInVa

I need to purchase a skimmate collection, any advice? Looks like the two options are the Avast and the Reef Octopus. Kind of leaning towards the Avast due to them being local and a sponsor. But it seem the Reef Octopus has a fail safe.

I’ve had the avast skimmate locker for years and would recommend it. The sensor on mine is connected to the I/o port on my apex to turn the skimmer air pump off when the collection chamber needs cleaned. ~5” reactor size. At least 20x the volume of the collection cup alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had the avast skimmate locker for years and would recommend it. The sensor on mine is connected to the I/o port on my apex to turn the skimmer air pump off when the collection chamber needs cleaned. ~5” reactor size. At least 20x the volume of the collection cup alone.

How did you hook it up to the apex? Which outlet option did you use?

How did you hook it up to the apex? Which outlet option did you use?

You can either hook it up to the IO port, or strip to bare wires and use the Apex Break out Box (BoB). If you’re handy, you could rewire it to work with an FMM. Take your pick! In all instances, it just shows up as a normally closed switch. It goes open with pressure.

Warren

I got the I/o port option. It plugs into the old school computer data cord looking hole on the apex base unit or most other older modules. (Next to the cat5 lan cable port) from there you’ll be able to see it on apex fusion.

you can also get the no-controller model that your skimmer pump just plugs into.  That's what I do these days.