LFS with Walt Smith Corals?

KingOfAll_Tyrants

There probably are. But I'm not sure how often retailers give up their wholesale sources. Plus, some of our retailers may be further down the foodchain so sales may not be direct to them.

Thanks, Tom. Fair enough point. So, a bit more about my question:

I am considering buying a Walt Smith International product, namely a Pocillopora eydouxi frag (WSI's trade name: cat paw pocillopora) in the next few months, and I'm wondering where I could get it from. I assume that if some vendor regularly works with WSI they can put it into a regularly scheduled order.

I do admit this is a bit of a silly request. Ostensible P. damicornis* are available everywhere, and the extra effort to get a different species might be a bit too much work for too little gain. I also got nowhere several months ago when I asked WSI if there's anyone who I could get their aquacultured rock from - they referred me to a distributor which ignored several email requests for an LFS. So, I'm trying this from the other wide, as it were, especially since it's a much smaller potential order.

* the one I have, similar to many online, do not look anything like the dozens of wild P. damicorni I've seen in the past week. Though, of course, coral ID is very fluid due to the not-so-great scientific consensus on many corals, the fact that different growth conditions make coral skeletons look diffferent, and the fact that trade names frequently have no connection to scientific names.

Growth patterns in captivity are different than they get in the wild so it may be the same as the ones you see in tanks. I have had no luck at all with mariculture pieces in general but that’s a discussion for another thread. Good luck finding it!