Ok, so I bought it....

EricBrian

Ok, on my way home from seeing Lee's and Chip's GREAT tanks, I bought a 75gal tank. It is going to take a bit to get started... you know, the whole $$$ thingie. LOL

But once underway, let the photo postings begin. :biggrin: (I know, it isn't a big tank, but it is the biggest I've ever had.)

living in an apartment? yours allows tanks? the funniest thing would be the super asking is that a tank in your pocket or you glad to see me?

anywho welcome to the 75+ club!!

living in an apartment? yours allows tanks? the funniest thing would be the super asking is that a tank in your pocket or you glad to see me?

anywho welcome to the 75+ club!!

Well, Condo... Nothing in the by-laws forbidden them. And, if they do, too late in my case since I have one now. :)

I rent, but I called my renters insurance (Travelers) and made sure they know I have a big tank. They didn't increase my rates, but they put a note on my file. Insurance covers the tank, stand and equipment (oh, and the water damage) but not livestock.

When I had my 55 on the 4th floor, I never asked the office. I just looked and the words "fish", "aquarium" and "tank" were not in the lease. They can think of a hundred reasons to say no, but only one to say yes.

I rent, but I called my renters insurance (Travelers) and made sure they know I have a big tank. They didn't increase my rates, but they put a note on my file. Insurance covers the tank, stand and equipment (oh, and the water damage) but not livestock.

Cool. I'll call mine, too, and let them know.

Congrats, Check out my pics in the gallery of my previous 75g tank! Looking forward to your first TANK TOUR! :cheers:

Congrats, Check out my pics in the gallery of my previous 75g tank! Looking forward to your first TANK TOUR! :cheers:

Yes, nice tank. :)

I was going to ask Lee and Chip if I could take pics of their tanks for inspiration but didn't. :lol2:

I just got my car insurance bill which is due next month so the set up is going to be REAL slow. :eek:

This is the one I bought:

aga_75_overflow.jpg

Since overflows are new to me, I'll have to learn how to set this up, too.

Congrats Eric! Will you be posting photos of your progress? That's one thing I should have done but didn't have the time.

Thanks guys! :)

Hey, can somebody point me to an article on how to properly setup this tank with plumbing and anything else I might be forgetting.

Thanks. ;)

Heh, this is a big, not very well documented, topic. Best way to learn is tank tours with lots of questions. If you wanna come to Vienna, my house is open.

Heh, this is a big, not very well documented, topic. Best way to learn is tank tours with lots of questions. If you wanna come to Vienna, my house is open.

Yanek,

I'd love to come by and learn some. :)

Maybe this coming weekend?

Thanks

Eric

Guest Ruh Roh

Congrats Eric,

I have been feeling the tinge of reefing again myself. Settled int he new house, expecting baby in 4 months but hey there is still a lot of room in the house...

I'll probably be keeping my eye open for someone getting "out" of the hobby and starting up another tank. (lost most things on move and decided to take a break from it for a while.... well.. its been a while....)

-James (Ruh Roh)

Hehehe. Good for you Mister. Let me know if you need any thing, I'll be glad to give you any input I can.

Jean-Marie

Hehehe. Good for you Mister. Let me know if you need any thing, I'll be glad to give you any input I can.

Jean-Marie

Merci, Jean-Marie. :)

Comment tu vas, mon ami?

James,

Thanks!

Yes, there have been a number people who have sold off their tanks. Hopefully, you will find one for you. :)

Eric