Plumbing a bulkhead to tubing instead of PVC

YHSublime

I actually found a solution at Home Depot, the one Alan posted up. It's brilliant.

And yeah, Amazon does have a lot of it, but it's a lot of knowing names, and a lot of it isn't under prime. I'm frusturated with myself for 1, installing the bulkhead wrong 2, not just ordering everything I needed well in advance. It would be nice to go to a vendor and actually have them have a lot of this stuff.

Also www.usplastic.com carries almost everything except Loc-Line

See above.

What do you need to get this going? I have a 3/4" slip bulkhead and a 3/4" threaded adapter/tip. HTH

Edited by xabo

What do you need to get this going? I have a 3/4" slip bulkhead and a 3/4" threaded adapter/tip. HTH

Thanks for the offer. I think I'm good.

I have most everything I need, I just need to re-do it all because I was working too fast and sloppy, ended up putting the seal on the nut side, not wetside.

I'll post pictures of exactly what it looks like when I get home, I feel like it's been a confusing explanation:

one 3/4 threaded x slip bulkhead

one 3/4 90 street elbow

one 3/4 slip x barb fitting

Hard to tell from the side photo, but will those horizontal drain lines get in the way? Have you considered turning the sump around and having one horizonal run from the pump and dropping the drain lines almost straight down into the sump? You might even be able to raise the single pipe higher and out of the way. Just a thought.

Hard to tell from the side photo, but will those horizontal drain lines get in the way? Have you considered turning the sump around and having one horizonal run from the pump and dropping the drain lines almost straight down into the sump? You might even be able to raise the single pipe higher and out of the way. Just a thought.

Nope. They are plumbed down against the back. I thought this was best practice/advice, and looking at my old thread, it was not. It would have made things much easier. 

Either way, they don't get in the way, my only concern is the vertical runs causing air bubbles, but those can be purged out, as long as the system is remotely quiet, there is enough white noise in my place it doesn't matter. Right now, the ATI fan is all I can hear. 

I ran by Lowes, bulkheads came in the mail over the weekend, no time to fix yet. A dishtowel wrapped around the bulkhead has been enough to hold it while the tank cycles.

Quantum has the slip to barb adapter I need, as well as the lock line threaded adapter for the inside of the tank, however, not open until tomorrow. 

Lowes didn't have the slip to barb size I needed, nor the street elbow, but they did have a lot of threaded barb adapters (PVC SCH40) That being said, the Lowes in Alexandria is far superior to the Home Depot down at Seven Corners. I even started looking at an oven for Black Friday. 

This thread was a bad omen for me. I found a leak in the union connection under my kitchen sink P trap that goes from the garbage disposal. Spent a while staring at fittings until a nice gentleman (not employee) helped find the right parts.

This thread was a bad omen for me. I found a leak in the union connection under my kitchen sink P trap that goes from the garbage disposal. Spent a while staring at fittings until a nice gentleman (not employee) helped find the right parts.

Most of those box hardware stores are run like a co-op, everybody is staff, except actual staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk