Maxijet->Tunze stream conversion

Davidfernandez5000

Chip and John just made 2 this past weekend with MJ1200, AWESOME!

John has a link for kits for about $20-$25 per setup. I believe its www.reef-chili.com but maybe he could post with correct site?

I was looking at the Aquaclear 50's I believe which are about 400gph, would be an extremely cheap Tunze if it works, but to tell you the truth, the MJ RULES!!

In Chips 30g frag tank, the little MJ literally blew corals all over the place!

Looks like that website doesn't work either?

CHIP!!!

JOHN!!!

Help?

It is true, chip and I built 2 of the mj1200 mods....original intent was for 2 on my 90. Then, was going to give chip one for use in his frag tank because 1 might just be enough. Chip on the other hand thinks one on his frag tank may be too much....great mod....almost rips my kenya tree and xenia off the live rock....have to be careful where it is pointing.

Well aren't all power heads AC? What can bout make wave meakes witht athat,s not a Sea swril or other similar piece of hard ware?

DOH! :blush: We have a few thousand dollars of RC Planes in the house.... and it just occurs to me that propellers are directional, where as what comes in the power heads aren't! darn I feel dumb...

that's the one downside... i have 2 modded 1200s on my 58 and they won't run on wavetimers. what i'm thinking of doing is have one at each end of the tnak, have one on for half th day, and the other on for the other half, and then get some mixup from my return, and maybe 1 or two 600/900s going perpendicular. sort of a simulated cross tide thing. i read about it somewhere.

just put them on opposite ends of the tank facing each other. You're bound to get alot of random flow that way.

yeah i think that may be too much flow for some of my coral... when i get more timers or a controller i was going to try the cross tide thing, i read about 1 guy doing it with success.

Do we think the pointed toward each other on the oppsite ends of the tank, or crossed at one end of the tank would work better?

crossed is going to be tricky, unless you make your own mounts. the aren't able to be aimed, without factoring the angle of the aiming into a custom mount, or using a custom swivel.

i have mine superglued to mag floats. either end of the tank, but staggered, so they aren't hitting directly at each other. it's a great mod though.