Profilux 4 gurus; couple questions

madweazl

I've come to a point where I need to add a number of items to the Reef Angel + to get the functionality I'm after (Expansion, WiFi, and Dimming  modules along with another relay box) and have been considering making the switch to GHL.

Is it possible to program and change settings remotely if something should happen while out of town?

Can the display be ported to a tablet with full functionality or do you need the Profilux Touch for that?

Each Powerbar (5.1) has one dimming socket (I dont understand why this functionality is linked to a specific socket), if you have multiple PowerBars, does each dimming socket retain functionality (this is a limitation on the Reef Angel +)? Where are the actual dimming ports (0-10v) that coincide with those sockets?

Jerel is the local Profilux expert, so maybe he can answer your question.  I'm interested in one in the future too.

madweazl,

Instead of giving you a simple answer. I can answer all of your questions later tonight and follow up with detailed images. I'll touch on GHL's MyGHL Cloud Service and the PC Application.

madweazl,

Instead of giving you a simple answer. I can answer all of your questions later tonight and follow up with detailed images. I'll touch on GHL's MyGHL Cloud Service and the PC Application.

Awesome, much appreciated.

I've come to a point where I need to add a number of items to the Reef Angel + to get the functionality I'm after (Expansion, WiFi, and Dimming  modules along with another relay box) and have been considering making the switch to GHL.

Is it possible to program and change settings remotely if something should happen while out of town?

Can the display be ported to a tablet with full functionality or do you need the Profilux Touch for that?

Each Powerbar (5.1) has one dimming socket (I dont understand why this functionality is linked to a specific socket), if you have multiple PowerBars, does each dimming socket retain functionality (this is a limitation on the Reef Angel +)? Where are the actual dimming ports (0-10v) that coincide with those sockets?

Absolutely ! Cloud service MyGHL will allow you to access just about every function of the ProfiLux 4.

iOS App, Coming soon! 

Built-In Webserver, coming soon!

Except for the following:

Configuring a Vortech Pump via a Vortech Controller

Preforming Firmware updates, coming soon! 

Examples! 

IMG_0107.PNG?raw=1

Override, Assign Controllable Sockets.

IMG_0110.PNG?raw=1

Modify dosing schedules and dosages

IMG_0111.PNG?raw=1

Sensor data

IMG_0114.PNG?raw=1

Assign a Timer

IMG_0115.PNG?raw=1

You can do a number things from the ProfiLux display, calibrate probes, initiate Feed Pause/Maintenance Mode, create a Virtual Sensor. The Touch is simply a step above the main display of the ProfiLux 4.

ProfiLuxTouchDisplay_Chart_D.jpg

Each Powerbar 5.1 has a single socket that can be configured as a Switchable Socket or a Dimmable Socket(Ballasts of some luminaire fixtures allow for AC voltage dimming). Each additional Powerbar added to the system will need to be manually assigned and numbering each Socket. Say- You have two Powerbars.. Powerbar #1 needs to be assigned by 1-5, Powerbar #2 assigned sockets 6-10.

Powerbar5.1%20%281%29.JPG?raw=1

Inputs for 0-10v Interfaces are present on the back of the ProfiLux computer, Yellow Interface connections.

BTW.. All 0-10v controllable devices power supply are not required to be connected to a Powerbar. You can plug them directly into a regular outlet power strip. 

ghl_4_b.jpg

Let me know if you'd like to see anything in particular. 

Edited by Jerel

Can you skip the Touch and use a tablet in it's place (Windows based perhaps)? It runs about $200 and looks handy when you're crawling around setting things up in the stand but for the price, I'm much rather have a better display. 

Can you skip the Touch and use a tablet in it's place (Windows based perhaps)? It runs about $200 and looks handy when you're crawling around setting things up in the stand but for the price, I'm much rather have a better display. 

You can run the proprietary GHL Control Center software on a Windows OS tablet.

Here are a few tutorial by GHL USA, functions of GHL Control Center. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOE8KkEuX_oDKMCph9GwPA

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an image of measurement charts/graphs from myGHL cloud, mobile.

(Measurements from my bench test system)

post-2636368-0-05346300-1502815243_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

@Jerel. Can you go over programming DC Wavemakers using the 0-10v interface and what programming is like? I’m interested to know if Profilux can copy the programming BRS did with their Gyres and Apex.