The craziest thing just happened

linkfalcon

So the tank lights are all off let the dog out. Let him back it and turn my flash light on. On my phone and looking for leaks around tank only been set up for like 2 day and my light must have hit the tank and dang kole tang jump right out on to the floor my poor dog and I freak out lol grab a container and get the fish and drop him back in the tank. So put the screen top on and look for the fish he's kinda swimming in circles then hide in the rocks and comes out so we will see how he is in the am poor guy I must have scared him right out the tank.

Thinking back I should have dropped him in the fuge so I could watch him better But all I could think of was get the fish in the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do kole tangs jump often?

I don't think so.

I hope the floor was chemical-free. I think some fish who initially survive jumps then die shortly after, do so because of poisoning from things on the floor, mainly traces of cleaning chemicals.

(edited)

Floor was just swept early and swiffered but he seem ok today we will see got the mesh top on now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by linkfalcon

I don't think so.

I hope the floor was chemical-free. I think some fish who initially survive jumps then die shortly after, do so because of poisoning from things on the floor, mainly traces of cleaning chemicals.

I'll bet its the impact from jumping 4' onto the floor that kills fish rather than trace amounts of chemicals that may be on the floor.

If you hear hooves, think horses, not unicorns.