Isopod killed my skunk cleaner

(edited)

what types of corals do you have? maybe there's a way to make a species specific tank out of what you have.....

just thinking aloud to see if you could push your tank in a certain direction and have a cool little biotope that looks great and requires little maintenance.

That's the other key to this hobby- if you make it too complex, you wont have any fun and risks are higher for negative consequences.

and for what its worth, catching a fish from a small tank is easy- takes 5 minutes at most when you remove the rocks...

Edited by zygote2k

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what types of corals do you have? maybe there's a way to make a species specific tank out of what you have.....

just thinking aloud to see if you could push your tank in a certain direction and have a cool little biotope that looks great and requires little maintenance.

That's the other key to this hobby- if you make it too complex, you wont have any fun and risks are higher for negative consequences.

and for what its worth, catching a fish from a small tank is easy- takes 5 minutes at most when you remove the rocks...

Lots of birdsnest, 3 LPs, a few Monti caps, 4 types of gorgonians, 2 leathers, a million zoas, and then like one stag that I won at a raffle and surprisingly hasn't died. Removing the rocks is the hard part lol. I glued and epoxied mine together to make it seem like one single rock bridge. Also there's coral all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammonia is somewhere less than .25 today. Hard to tell because the sun is obscured which changes the color but it's definitely lighter than yesterday where it was somewhere between .5-.25 and originally when it was .25. Salifert tests are on their way...

Don't get your hopes up for the Salifert. I can never distinguish between the Salifert colors at the low range. API to its credit is easier to read/distinguish between 0/0.25/0.5

The eggs on the shrimp look like normal shrimp eggs and nothing was deposited there by something else. The shrimp constantly groom themselves and they would never let something leave eggs on their swimmeretes. That is the normal area where eggs would have been carried by the shrimp. To me, the shrimp might have filled the tail with eggs and the sixline got hungry for cavier. Or, the ammonia killed the shrimp and something else in the tank ate most of the eggs. I would get the tank parameters back to norm and not add inverts until the tank has aged more and is stable.

The eggs on the shrimp look like normal shrimp eggs and nothing was deposited there by something else. The shrimp constantly groom themselves and they would never let something leave eggs on their swimmeretes. That is the normal area where eggs would have been carried by the shrimp. To me, the shrimp might have filled the tail with eggs and the sixline got hungry for cavier. Or, the ammonia killed the shrimp and something else in the tank ate most of the eggs. I would get the tank parameters back to norm and not add inverts until the tank has aged more and is stable.

The sixline is getting picky idk if he really did but he didnt like the mysis i fed daily. Ammonia zero. Seahorses rehomed. Algae rampant as usual.