Cyno outbreak. Please help. Oh and the clownfish has decided to host a patch of it

Safarali

Yes. He actually is rubbing all over it and won't stop. I have checked all levels are fine. I have reduced feeding to once a day and much less. The skimmer is doing its job. I have been doing water changes every 3 days and put another power head. But a week or 2 of this the cyno is actually spread everywhere. Growth has exploded. Anything I can do? I have removed as much as possible every few days. But now it's on the Clive rock. :(((((((. Someone help

Manually remove as much as you can. Do a large water change and leave your lights off for 3 days with no feeding. It should go away.  The real question is... why did it pop up. When I get it I know its time for me to break some of my hollywood stunner off because its stopping flow.  Your reason may be diffrent

Thanks. The water is from a ro machine. I know this isn't going to sound right. But after I installed a new power head it became like this. I have flow every where in the tank. This stuff seems to enjoy it. It waves back and forth at me. Today I removed the live rock that was completely covered and manually removed as much by hand as possible and did 20%water change.

With no food or lights. Will the fish be ok?

What all do you have in the tank? The simple answer is no, nothing will be "good" without food. 

Typically, I don't change anything when things like this pop up. My school of though is to let whatever is happening to happen. Eventually, whatever is feeding the algae or bacteria will be depleted and the setup will return to normal. 

Your fish are most likly over fed anyway.  Fish in the ocean go around and pick at rocks all day.  Your probably feeding them food so packed with nutrients that they are fine.  3 days will not hurt anything

Yes. He actually is rubbing all over it and won't stop. I have checked all levels are fine. I have reduced feeding to once a day and much less. The skimmer is doing its job. I have been doing water changes every 3 days and put another power head. But a week or 2 of this the cyno is actually spread everywhere. Growth has exploded. Anything I can do? I have removed as much as possible every few days. But now it's on the Clive rock. :(((((((. Someone help

A clown is hosting cyano and you don't have pic?

Crap. I should have videoed it huh? I removed the patch he was infatuated with. I'm sure it will happen again if I can't get it under control. and will take some pics.

Just keep doing what you are doing the lights out method works. But it will come back if things dont change How long and what type of lights do you have.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Only a few months in, you're gonna go through some ish, especially with that stock list. Cyano is ugly and gross, but it's not particularly dangerous unless it's blocking corals. As others have said, lights off for 2-3 days (complete blackout - don't let any light in whatsoever if you can help it), either no feeding or super light feelings during that time, and manually siphon as much as possible. When you do water changes, get as much cyano out as you can with the hose. If your corals don't need a ton of light, lower the intensity and photo period. Also, 20% isn't a large water change, that's just a water change. Do 20% every 3 days or so for a bit of possible to get the nutrient levels down. Conversely, it'll probably go away on its own with time of you let the tank stabilize.