Hello everyone, after a long break

Hello, Wamas members--

I am re-joining after  a long break. My kids are now 10 and 7 and I am looking to get my very sad and neglected 75 gallon tank back in good working order.

It's nice to see a lot of the same names on the forums.

I will be looking to restock --only have 1 pair of clowns and a hogs head wrasse that have somehow managed to survive my neglect. And I would greatly appreciate any cheap or free easy soft corals. I know many of you live in Virginia, but I am in Gaithersburg, Maryland, so near there would be preferable to me.

If any one is interested, I have a large perennial flower garden and would be happy to trade plants for coral frags...

Any advice would also be appreciated. I began daily water changes and manually clearing out the algae growth. Scrubbing down some of the rocks. I have a protein skimmer running and a hang on the back filter, can't remember the brand. Water quality is ok, but not stellar. Hoping to improve that in the next few days with the water changes. 

Thanks

Sharon Eppler

Hi Sharon, and welcome back.

FragFest is coming up next month. Make it a point to go to get some frags. I don't have many soft corals, but I do have a neon green toadstool leather in my frag tank that I regularly frag for fragfest. You're welcome to a piece of it at the meeting.

That sounds great, Tom. Thanks for the offer of the neon toadstool...I would love a frag.

What's the date and location of frag fest? It's often been in Virginia before, a bit of a haul for me. But I'd love to come if I can..

That sounds great, Tom. Thanks for the offer of the neon toadstool...I would love a frag.

What's the date and location of frag fest? It's often been in Virginia before, a bit of a haul for me. But I'd love to come if I can..

July 23rd. The announcement is here. We'll be a few minutes off the Beltway in McLean.