• XM
    • Iwasaki
    • Radium
    • Other
    • AB
  4. 4. Socket

• Mogul
    • HQI (double ended)

Thanks John, I just bought 3 new XM bulbs 3 weeks ago. Are you going to stock them - 400w 14k bulbs?

Eric

Thanks John, I just bought 3 new XM bulbs 3 weeks ago. Are you going to stock them - 400w 14k bulbs?

Eric

It depends what kind of pricing I can get, there is very little margin on them so that makes it hard for me to compete, we shall see.

Do u plan on getting radium bulbs? I am looking for a set of the 250w ones.

I am fishing right now to see what brands and sizes are needed, if Radiums are in demand Im sure I can get them

I am fish right now to see what brands and sizes are needed, if Radiums are in demand Im sure I can get them

Who ever added Radium to the list, please add an Other Brand catagory, I cant figure out how to edit it.

John

Johnny

Perhaps one variable you forgot to add to the poll is the base or socket type. for exapmple some bulbs are M58/M57 (I use), and others are double end cap different socket type.

three (3) USHIO 250W 10K Base: one end M58

two (2) 72" Tru-Actinic 03 110V

two (2) 24" Power Compact 65W 10K Square Pin

two (2) 24" Power Compact 65W Tru-Actinic 03 Square Pin

Jacob

John there is a big difference in standard mogul and DE bulbs- that should be one of your criteria in the poll-

I am not sure how many DE guys they are out here-

mine are 250W DE 10ks brand AB

OOPs sorry Jake already caught that on the base difference.

Edited in admin cp to allow more poll Q's.

Now have to learn how to reset or allow people to modify vote so people can answer to HQI / mogul Q I added.

Edited in admin cp to allow more poll Q's.

Now have to learn how to reset or allow people to modify vote so people can answer to HQI / mogul Q I added.

Thanks Craig, I was wondering who was able to do that!

It looks like I'm going to have a killer deal to offer on 250w 10K ushio!

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hey John, I might have asked you this before, but what pricing can you get on 400W HQI set ups? I already have 2 ballasts, but I'd like to add a 3rd and I don't have any of the reflectors/bulbs for these. I'm looking for 10,000K bulbs, too. I figure that the 400W HQI bulbs now have better reflectors than they had before and even though testing has not revealed their performance to be that much better (or even better at all) than a 400W mogul bulb with a good reflector, the new reflectors that are out there probably render that old information moot. I have PFO ballasts and would like to stick with this brand as the Ice Caps seem to be larger bulbs in lenghth which I'm not looking for.

Thanks!

Dave