JORO's 336G Dream Reef

joro

Ah that sucks! What additives are you doing in the Zeo system?

Zeolite, zeostart, Cyrano clean, Aminos, sponge power, phols , b-ballance. I think a few others I can't remember right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zeolite, zeostart, Cyrano clean, Aminos, sponge power, phols , b-ballance. I think a few others I can't remember right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting.  I've kept it simple thus far - I used ZEO for the 10 day cycle (which worked beautifully by the way) but have reduced dosing to just LPS plus pumping the stones daily for now.  I'm going to resume regular dosing based on some feedback but everyone is very happy thus far including the fish and coral!

On a side note, here's a FTS from this afternoon.  Everyone is settling in beautifully and since moving over the 90G inhabitants, I've seen a much different tank with everyone out/about during the day including at feeding time.  I literally just sat at dinner tonight and watched the tank for about 15 minutes and it was beautiful.  Can't wait to add the next ones (both corals and fish)  :wub:

IMG 1697

• 3 weeks later...

How is the Zeovit working out so far?

Going really well, I've also started dosing the LPS and Amino Acid bottles as well (in addition to a weekly dose of AcroPower). Unfortunately I just had a fish come in with velvet which forced me to get all the fish out today.  So looks like I'll be corals only for the next 76 days  :blink:

Going really well, I've also started dosing the LPS and Amino Acid bottles as well (in addition to a weekly dose of AcroPower). Unfortunately I just had a fish come in with velvet which forced me to get all the fish out today.  So looks like I'll be corals only for the next 76 days  :blink:

After having this issue a couple times, I decided after the last time I had to let my tank sit fallow for 12 weeks, that I would never put another fish in my tank without QT. I either buy my fish from ERC or LiveAquaria Divers Den. Both QT the fish and are very reliable. If I have to have a fish from a LFS, anthias and angels are always so tempting, I set up a 40 breeder and follow the medication process in this video: 

I have not had a single sick fish, not a single spot of ich or anything else, in almost 2 years now and have added 90% of the fish in my system over that time span. If you go this route though, dip all new corals and if you add rock to the tank, only add dry rock. While the chance of picking up something from a coral frag or from live rock is almost 0%, its still not worth the risk. 

That stinks.  The LPS AA is great stuff.  I still use it even after I stopped running the full Zeo setup

(edited)

After having this issue a couple times, I decided after the last time I had to let my tank sit fallow for 12 weeks, that I would never put another fish in my tank without QT. I either buy my fish from ERC or LiveAquaria Divers Den. Both QT the fish and are very reliable. If I have to have a fish from a LFS, anthias and angels are always so tempting, I set up a 40 breeder and follow the medication process in this video: 

I have not had a single sick fish, not a single spot of ich or anything else, in almost 2 years now and have added 90% of the fish in my system over that time span. If you go this route though, dip all new corals and if you add rock to the tank, only add dry rock. While the chance of picking up something from a coral frag or from live rock is almost 0%, its still not worth the risk. 

The fish that came in with Velvet actually was from Diver's Den  ;) I've also seen a few other threads recently on other forums about some coming in with Velvet, so I don't know if maybe they've had an issue with the protocol and/or handling temporarily. In any case, after removing all the rocks yesterday I was able to catch everyone and they are now in the HT with copper.  Definitely going that route moving forward!

Edited by joro

Im surprised, Ive never had or read about issues with DD. Liveaquaria yes, but not DD. Velvet is a tough one and kills quickly, hopefully you were able to get everyone in treatment before it got to far. 

(edited)

Im surprised, Ive never had or read about issues with DD. Liveaquaria yes, but not DD. Velvet is a tough one and kills quickly, hopefully you were able to get everyone in treatment before it got to far. 

Yeah had to move very quick, setup a ~100G HT in less than 24 hours. We did lose the two most heavily infested fish unfortunately, the Harlequin Tusk (which is the one that brought it in) and our Achilles Tang.  Everyone else has been doing great thus far in HT, so we'll see how everything plays out.

Love the build by the way.

Thank you!  If anything good came from this it would be I'm getting a chance to re-aquascape now that the tanks has been up for 6 weeks or so  :happy:

Edited by joro

That's a shame about the Achilles. That is by far my favorite Tang, and was the first thing that caught my eye reading over your build.

Thanks for taking the time to document it and share it with us, I find these types of builds to be a really helpful resource for not only myself (going back and seeing how I did what and when,) but also for others that are thinking about upgrading and going large!

Definitely following along!