Does anyone use a solenoid in their system?

dpassar12

I use one on my Calc Reactor, was thinking of using one on my ATO to top off my ATO from my 50gal RO storage tank? Anyone run anything like that, if yes what brand/type.  I have an apex, my 50 gal is far from my 20 ATO reservoir. Any other setup possible.. I have it setup right now where i can just turn a value and fill the ATO... I would like to remove the human from the equation...

I use part number 2P025-1/4-3-D-S from Sizto Tech Corp in Palo Alto, CA (http://www.stcvalve.com). It's a normally-closed  costs about $22 to $24 in small quantities. It's a 1/4" all the way through so you can get better flow than through a 1/8" valve. You need to install the quick connects if you're going to use them as it comes with threaded connections. It comes with pigtail wires, but I normally open the electrical part up and directly wire in a plug cord (taken from a Dollar-Store extension cord).

You can also buy a pre-wired solenoid valve (1/8") from autotopoff.com. My first solenoid came from them years ago.

I used to do this all the time as well, in fact I have one I'll sell you cheap because I cannot use it.  LMK and I'll throw it in the car for the meeting.  $15