Newby Coral Question

Mattb1612

So I have been reading the forums and everyone seems to feed their corals. Is this a must or can they depend on lighting and natural water changes to grow? My Hammer has grown a new head and my torch is growing as well. If you do feed them what are the pros and Cons? I do put phytoplankton in the tank but I don't know if these is comparable to Reef roids or other additives and I honestly just feel lost on these topics? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

-Matt

With feeding comes excess nutrients.  So be prepared to deal with them.  Otherwise it helps a bit.  What I would do is get some pe Mysis and just feed each head of your hammers and torches a single mysis.  This will help keep the added nutrients to a minimum. 

I feed them once for awhile whenever fed my fish with mysis. I rotated the food between dyi, pellets, flake, rod's food, Jane's food,Larry's food...etc.

I've grown a one head frogspawn into a basketball sized colony in a year and half- only feed the fish.

As mentioned before, nutrient reduction and management should be your key concern.