Feed me Seymour.

Joshifer

Okay so. Went to petco. And They got new shipments of coral. Still in bags acclimating. I refuse to buy from petco but I saw this as a rare opportunity. I bought what was marked "Xenia". On the bag. Had $10 off coupon so got it for $5. Anyway.

Later I find out from a few members on here it's a green flower pot. I've been researching for hours. It's a hard to keep coral that even experts can't keep alive for more then a year. According to lots of websites.

If petco won't return it. And I'm stuck with it. Websites suggest spot feeding phytoplankton. Or zoo plankton. Once a week.

Phytoplankton is an algae and I'm worried it'll cause algae outbreaks. I'm not sure about the zooplankton. Maybe cyclopeeze ?

Any help with this greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to spot feed my frogspawn. I bought it a little bleached. Wanna nurse it back to full color. It opens up all the way but it's a little transparent green.

Keeping my lights at 10% ai hydra 52. Yes yes I know over kill. But found it at a pawn shop. And it'll suit my upgrade in December.

I would just try to trade it or sell it.. phyto in a 6 gallon sounds like nutrient overload to me... and they are tough to keep even in big stable tanks...

Update. Petco won't return it. I said keep the money. Just save it because I can't take care of it because they mislabeled a soft easy coral for a hard LPS. They said they can't risk disease in their stock I might of introduced it to. So I laughed and said ma'am the only reason I bought it was because it was bagged and didn't touch your water.

Petco. Worried about diseases. Their fish are covered with ick and velvet and god knows what else. I'm in a pickle. I researched about 6 hours last night. I'll do more researching on this particular species.

Try giving it to an LFS that you have a relationship with. You may even get a little store credit.

Lol nobody wants it. I asked a few places. They said It's too hard a Coral.

I would just try to trade it or sell it.. phyto in a 6 gallon sounds like nutrient overload to me... and they are tough to keep even in big stable tanks...

What about kents Microvert? I don't think it has any algae or plankton in it. Just a bunch of mushed up foods. And vitamins in liquid form?

I'm not stubborn on keeping this coral. But nobody will take it. I don't want the poor thing to die. Or toss it out

Anything like that adds nutrients... and in such a small tank it won't take long to cause issues...

Just give it a try... it's a harder to keep coral, but ya never know... doesn't mean it's impossible

Anything like that adds nutrients... and in such a small tank it won't take long to cause issues...

Just give it a try... it's a harder to keep coral, but ya never know... doesn't mean it's impossible

I'm not comprising my tank over this coral lol. I'll find it a home.

Why not trade it on here for xenia. I'm sure someone would trade if you listed it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm not a paid member I can't do that.

I'm not comprising my tank over this coral lol. I'll find it a home.

How would it comprise your tank? If it dies it won't foul your water... corals die on tanks every day..

But I agree from the start saying give it away....

How would it comprise your tank? If it dies it won't foul your water... corals die on tanks every day..

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

By adding those liquids. I don't wanna deal with algae and all that stuff I got everything stable I'm not adding any additives or anything. Letting it be natural. Only chemical I use is dechlor. Which I don't need to use on distilled but it restores stress coat so that's good lol