Anyone use Seneye Reef Monitor

molcott

Anyone use Seneye Reef Monitor? what do you think about it, what do you like and dislike about it.

Haven't used one but seriously considering picking one up as a PAR meter after BRS did a comparison of the Seneye PAR readings to a $2700+ unit and the readings from both were virtually identical. The Seneye may be a best buy as far as just a PAR meter goes.

Video where they did the comparison is at http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/week-46-seneye-tank-update/

I had a buddy try the beta before it was released and he liked it a lot. I personally have an apex but did want to try the seneye out. But also like mentioned above the par meter is well worth it.

• 5 years later...
54 minutes ago, Reef Dweller said:

Did you ever pick one of these up? I'm thinking about doing the same especially with the new emphasis on PH. 

i wouldn’t recommend the seneye if monitoring is the primary goal, but it’s a nice affordable par meter option. The seneye ph reading isn’t very accurate and you need to replace slides monthly. If you’re looking for ph readings and don’t need mobile access, i’d recommend the pinpoint ph monitor 

I second that its great for a PAR meter. When I used the chips for a QT tank, the temp or pH was always off but the ammonia was okay I guess. things you don't really need in an established tank. If you just want it for a PAR mater, maybe the Apogee SQ-420 would be better at a similar price point. 

I had the seneye mainly for the purpose of measure par but ended up selling it. I really dislike the fact that it needs to be connected to the computer. Every time I measure, I have to lug the laptop a long. Ended up just getting a used Apogee. Apogee is much more convenient to share the par meter around too. Rarely do I actually touch the par meter unless I get a new light. WAMAS has par meter rental for paid members if all you need is to measure your par once in a while :)