What A FragFest!

Squishie89

Wow, that was a great fragfest. Big thanks to Fluval for the aquarium set up, ReefeScape and Live Aquaria for the corals. And last but not least our hard working, not paid a dime to do this officers and moderators, without you all we wouldn't have all of this, thank you guys from the bottom of my heart.

Long time member but this was one of the first meetings that I have attended. I walked away very impressed on all levels. Thank you and I am sure I will be seeing you all again soon!

Wish I could have went. Still havent made one yet. I hear they are fun.

Was a very good event as always, wish I coulda stayed for ore frags...little ones had other ideas so I missed out on some nice looking acros so nicely donated.....

Big props to all the volunteers, meeting seemed to go very smoothly

Thank you to all the donating sponsors and the folks who planned, managed, and labored to give us this year's FF.

First-time speaker presented like a pro! He needs to be included at our next hosting of MACNA. The info presented is very encouraging, and makes me think I could keep seahorses without a great deal of worry and without having to have a separate tank just for them (but a separate tank for euphyllias, because I love them).

I was surprised at how few people were there compared to past FFs (I missed the last one, but someone told me it also had low attendance). I think some people just weren't aware of it (I had contacted 3 long-time members to see if they would be there, and none of the 3 were even aware of it). Although it's nice to have low attendance for those seeking free frags, it's a shame some people miss it just because there is no one to make sure they know about it (maybe they don't get the e-mails - is that an opt-in thing that not everyone does?)

I didn't know there would be no cookout stuff, so I'm really glad I brought all those PBJ sandwiches!

I enjoyed FF, but have to give my opinion that I feel like FF is becoming just a regular meeting with free frags. I miss having "workshop" type stuff like we did at past FFs, but I guess it's just too much going on in one day and not a lot of space due to the fragging space needed. I feel like every FF should at least include a quick talk about processing new frags. I wonder if we will we be able to have some future meetings which are "workshop" meetings, since FF is no longer such a big event with all that commotion (the FF when we had the tank drilling workshop benefited me tremendously, though I don't like the fact that I'm standing in view for the entire youtube video).