Looking for simple auto water change

BowieReefer84

Anyone setup an auto water change system?  I would like to incorporate this into my new tank as the main method of filtration.  I won't have any reactors or skimmers etc.  I just plan to do regular water changes, and if I could automate the process that would be ideal.  

I was thinking somehow using the BRS dosers, but would like to only use one pump with dual pump heads to not have to worry about calibrating.  Not sure what product would suit that need.

I saw the Genesis unit, but it seems expensive for what it is.  Same with the litermeter.

(edited)

It's a 40 gallon tank. With rock and sand maybe 32 total volume. Just do a 5 gallon water change every week. One bucket out, another bucket in. Don't over complicate it.

5-10 mins

Edited by epleeds

I have two pumps that do it for me. Mix water, then one pumps in while the other pumps out. That's about as automated as it gets...and I still get lazy!

I've had great performance with the stenners but there is no calibration and some folks have reported drifting salinity although not common based on the R2R AWC thread. I've run and installed maybe a dozen without issue but mostly on larger systems.

Been using the avast dosers, talked with justin and they are built really really nice.....

Been online a while, doing 1g per day or there abouts.

Did a test last month and they were still putting out the same as when the went onine (broke them in for a day fist as suggested)

Had to time them and adjust the length each is on to get the amount right, one runs for like 2 hrs other one is 219 I think

Very happy

Just need a controller, my aciii is doing jusy fine,

Refill my resivoir about every month now

Genesis Reef Systems Renew.  As simple as it gets.  It seems expensive yes but for me it was well worth it. No worries about calibrating dosing pumps, etc.

I use the Renew and perform 1g a day water changes and I use the Storm for auto top off.