Atlantis Aquariums

RudyCDX1

I traveled down from northern VA to Richmond on business today. Since I was in town I decided to call Atlantis Aquariums and get directions to stop by and check them out. I am very glad I did!! This shop far exceeded my expectations and far exceeds any of the local LFS in northern VA. This is a very dedicated group that takes great care in the handeling of the customer and live stock. Great display tanks, well organized and the selection far exceeded anything I have seen around here.

I am only writing this because I have been to the stores around here and feel that the trip down 95 for excellent specimens, great value and great service will be something I plan on more often. Carpool anyone?

The upcoming social should be a great time.

FYI: They have a large shipment arriving on 5/11. I would make a trip down this weekend to check it out.

I traveled down from northern VA to Richmond on business today. Since I was in town I decided to call Atlantis Aquariums and get directions to stop by and check them out. I am very glad I did!! This shop far exceeded my expectations and far exceeds any of the local LFS in northern VA. This is a very dedicated group that takes great care in the handeling of the customer and live stock. Great display tanks, well organized and the selection far exceeded anything I have seen around here.

I am only writing this because I have been to the stores around here and feel that the trip down 95 for excellent specimens, great value and great service will be something I plan on more often. Carpool anyone?

FYI: They have a large shipment arriving on 5/11. I would make a trip down this weekend to check it out.

I'd be willing to go along and help pay for fuel. :)

Guest mikesroth

Isn't the Group planning a trip down there in June?

Yes, but he said they have a huge shipment coming in TODAY.

I just want to buy more SPS corals.

There is a June social planned.

You can call them and speak to Marvin - 804-377-0243. Marvin can tell you what they received today.

• 2 months later...

Totally agree

I was down in Richmond overnight and swung by Marvin's this morning, one word "AWESOME"

The vision of that Macna Deltec behemoth as you walk in through the door is a real jaw dropper, everything Rudy says is spot on, and Marvin (Wednesday - Sunday) knows his stuff, I believe he will be doing WAMAS Discount too (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).

For those that didn't do the social, this is a must see establishment, you won't be disappointed.

I can feel a couple of road trips to Richmond next month when my wife is in Australia on business

Anton :bounce:

Totally agree

I was down in Richmond overnight and swung by Marvin's this morning, one word "AWESOME"

The vision of that Macna Deltec behemoth as you walk in through the door is a real jaw dropper, everything Rudy says is spot on, and Marvin (Wednesday - Sunday) knows his stuff, I believe he will be doing WAMAS Discount too (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).

For those that didn't do the social, this is a must see establishment, you won't be disappointed.

I can feel a couple of road trips to Richmond next month when my wife is in Australia on business

Anton :bounce:

If you have room in your car, I'd be willing to come along and help with gas. :)

A buddy on mine came down from D.C. this weekend and he and I went to Atlantis yesterday. The selection was just as good as the first time I was there and his new infinity edge clam tank is sharp. Marvin took care of us WAMAS members and said he'd like to come to the fall meeting as a vendor.

Make the trip, it's well worth it.

Garrett.

If you have room in your car, I'd be willing to come along and help with gas. :)

No problem, i have room.

She is away from 4th - 28th Aug, I'll let you know when i'm going

Anton

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bemmer

No problem, i have room.

She is away from 4th - 28th Aug, I'll let you know when i'm going

Anton

Anton,

I would like to tag along on that road trip as well. If you don't have a date in mind yet, I am available the w/o Aug 14 anytime (stay at home mom) :biggrin:

Also, as an added bonus, we may be able to "pop in" on my new friend Vince, who recently bought my Crosshatch Trigger. Vince has a 600 gal tank with an amazing setup...so I have heard. He is also good friends with Marvin so we may get a "special tour".

Here is Vince's tank with "JT" my Crosshatch trigger happily swimming along...

MVC-014F.jpg

Check out that Black tang on the right. Wow :eek:

Rebecca

No problem, especially if we get to see that behemoth

I'll post my work schedule tonight, i'm a bloke i can't think that far ahead

Anton

Anton,

I would like to tag along on that road trip as well. If you don't have a date in mind yet, I am available the w/o Aug 14 anytime (stay at home mom) :biggrin:

Also, as an added bonus, we may be able to "pop in" on my new friend Vince, who recently bought my Crosshatch Trigger. Vince has a 600 gal tank with an amazing setup...so I have heard. He is also good friends with Marvin so we may get a "special tour".

Here is Vince's tank with "JT" my Crosshatch trigger happily swimming along...

MVC-014F.jpg

Check out that Black tang on the right. Wow :eek:

Rebecca

Rebecca your crosshatch fit in very well. 99% of livestock was supplied through me. That black tang is almost a foot long. He is usually happy to show off his tank :biggrin: It is an absolutely wonderful reef. He just started today with two schools of anthias :biggrin:

Marvin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bemmer

Planning a road trip to visit Atlantis Aquarium (thanks for posting on this thread, Marvin) and see my friend Vince's 600g tank. We are planning on going on Wednesday, August 16. I hope to leave around 9 a.m. to be at Vince's house by 11 a.m. If anyone is interested in going (and sharing in the gas cost), please PM me. We are limited on seating so first come first serve. Once the group is determined, we will set the meeting place.

Rebecca