what are the best anthias to get for my 240

SkiCurtis

So I almost ready for my next fish. I have cycled my 240 for 6weeks with 4 cromas and will still add a couple of cardinals that are in quarantine. I heard I should put some anthias in soon for my next fish.?  Witch is the best anthias to get?

Thanks Curtis

Consider Odontanthias borbonius.

LOL Very nice but they are 349.00 If I'm correct i need 3 to 5 or more females and 1 male. My wife would shoot me if I got over $1000 in fish.I wish my pockets were that deep! But thanks they are very pretty.

Consider Odontanthias borbonius.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.   Money bags over here.

Whats your budget for the anthias?

If you don't want to break the bank, Dispar, lyertails, ignitus, or evansi.

If you have a more medium/high budget, you could do surnbursts, ventrillis, or hawaiisensis.

Go with bartlett's or lyretails. If the borbonius are your ideal shape, but too expensive, consider sunburst anthias

Go with bartlett's or lyretails. If the borbonius are your ideal shape, but too expensive, consider sunburst anthias

And be prepared to feed a lot; and by a lot, I mean like crazy. I dont know how they eat so much or where they put it! 

I'd recommend avoiding lyretails. On two occasions I have tried adding a group of them (6-8) and have found that over the first few months they tend to kill each other off until just the strongest remains. 

I would plan out your entire stocking list as well as you can now, ahead of time, before making any additions. keeping in mind your rock-scape, your intended maintenance schedule, what temperature your tanks typically run at through the year, feeding regularities, etc. several anthias species have various dietary needs, some certainly more aggressive than others and need to be added later, some do better singly and others almost require a group to do well and to be enjoyed for a group dynamic. there's always the personally subjective aesthetic choice and budget to keep in consideration. there's a lot to consider to ensure optimal opportunities at success.

Had 4 bartlett's in a smaller system for about a year and they were great. One turned male almost immediately and things were smooth aside from a few small battles. They were peaceful and pretty much ignored everytning else in the tank.