Baby tiger striped serpent stars

I have at least 5 baby tiger striped serpent stars lurking about in some rockwork, they are very small, perhaps less than the size of a dime from tip to tip. I'd like to see them survive, but I'm not sure if there really is anything I can do. Has insight/advice?

Have hundreds, I think they were rabbits in another life. They just multiply...

Nothing special to keep alive. Do watch if you put in flatwork exit, as I did kill some that way.

I just found 1 tiny one - all white. :bounce:

I hope there is more.

Peek into you tank with a red light late at night or morning before sunrise, maybe you'll see more.

Think of them as part of your clean-up-crew.

Guest Ominojacu

I just found 1 tiny one - all white. :bounce:

I hope there is more.

Peek into you tank with a red light late at night or morning before sunrise, maybe you'll see more.

Think of them as part of your clean-up-crew.

I see their tentacles stickout from crevices once an while, you probably have a lot more then five.

I had a ton of them when I sold my tank!

I think everyone who got LR got a lot them, some bigger than a quarter!

Where cool looking with little striped legs!

GOSH I MISS MY TANK!

For all of you getting rid of your tanks, STOP NOW!!!!

Think of it like a rough time in a good marriage, Easy to get rid of them, hard to keep them, but WORTH IT in the long run!

Did I just say that?

I don't know if this is a good source but just to show you how some folks value these

ckeck this out

GOSH I MISS MY TANK!

Howard, been there, done that. I only kept a few FW tanks after getting out of reefing a few years back. I was lucky enough to sell my whole setup for about what it cost me. I had some breeding Discus and other stuff. Every time I went into a fish store I hid my face from looking at reef tanks saying, "That's not for me", and that was just places like Annandale Superpetz. Put me in a serious place like BRK, F&F, MS and I went nuts. Anyway Howard, maybe again later.

HOLY BAT DROPPING BATMAN!

I GOT SCR#*@?

If anyone wants some of these i have thousands of them in my Seahorse tank. They are crawling all through the cheato, on the rocks and in the CC. Very easy for me to get them out.

There is a mix of the striped and white ones.

If anyone wants some of these i have thousands of them in my Seahorse tank. They are crawling all through the cheato, on the rocks and in the CC. Very easy for me to get them out.

There is a mix of the striped and white ones.

Rocko,

How big do they get? No side effects from them? Would like to get some.

Chris

they are not very big, no bigger than a nickel with their legs spread out. I have them in my sump of my main reef as well.

No side effects that i have seen or heard of.

I am not sure i am in town for the meeting, But i will be out at BRK This sunday if anyone wants to meet me there.

Shoot me a PM.

I had a ton of them when I sold my tank!

I think everyone who got LR got a lot them, some bigger than a quarter!

Where cool looking with little striped legs!

GOSH I MISS MY TANK!

That must be exactly where they came from - they are in the base of the kenya tree and in big chunk of rock the green star polyps came on.

Pics of them in my cheato. Everything that is white is a star.

cheato_01.jpg

cheato_02.jpg

let me know if anyone want a ball of cheato. Would make a trade for it.

Hey guys, these are mini-brittles. They don't get very large and they will multiply like mad. They are great for keeping your tank clean as they inhabit small crevices, or in Bob's case, mazes of macroalgae! They also will inhabit sponges and dense coral growth and keep detritus moving in and out. Many sponges are dependent on having these little guys in them to keep them from getting clogged with detritus as they filter the water. They will also live in your sand bed and keep it aerated and clean. Like others have said, you've most likely already got tons of them in your tank, you just may not see them. I remember breaking down a large trough system and finding these guys in the sand even though I never knew they were in there.