Return pump options....any recent additions

Der ABT

Over the years, I've had experience with 3 pumps on one 75g and 2 90g tanks:

The first 2 were Mags.  They lasted many years and probably still work!  The drawback is that they ran hot and loud. Lots of vibration!  Not something I would tolerate today.

When I setup my new 90g I wanted quiet but didnt want to keep breaking the bank, so I went with a Jebao 12000.  It's a little over a year old and in spite of the high reported failure rates, it continues to work.  Concerned with the reliability and reported failure rates, I was not going to take the chance.  My luck would mean a dead pump while I was out of town on vaca.  So it is now my backup and I replaced it with the new Ecotech Vectra M1.  It is 100x quieter!.  People claim the Jebaos are quiet but they still have a very high pitched whirl that drives me nuts.  The rw-8 powerheads have the same issue(s).  People have different tolerances for noise. They are by no means loud, but anyone who says it's dead silent, is dead wrong.  My Echotech is dead silent and I dont hear it b/c it's quiet, not b/c something next to it is drowning it out. The only drawback is the lack of integration w/the Apex.

For the guy wailing on Ecotech products, I'm sorry, I dont think those are shared sentiments.  I would refer a potential buyer to scan the boards.  View for yourself.  Enough reliable experts with time tested techniques will stand out.
One final observation w/Jaebo: If you look at the reviews for Jaebo products on amazon, you'll see very high positive remarks but very high negative ones as well.  I interpret that as a "good till it fails rating."
Hope this helps.

+1 on the lack of apex integration, I think my vectra l1 is OK, but it's weak in comparison to my old dc12000. Yeah it would have failed in a year or 2 but I could buy 5 for the price of 1 . I bet 5 outlast my vectra, being the controller failed on my L1 day 2 of use.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

(edited)

Been running a Sicce 3.0 as a return pump on a tank with a Bean animal overflow for over 3 years. The pump has never failed and it pumps so constantly that I have not had to adjust my overflow gate valve in more than 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by tom39

I have both an older DC6k (been running 24/7 since December 2012, and the new DCT model. Both are good to go in my opinion. I have had zero issued with either, but have only had the DCT up for around 3 months.

Sent using my Windows Phone.