Electron Microscope Pictures - how to post them?

davelin315

What is everyone using to post pictures nowadays?  Photobucket and dropbox don't seem to be working very well for me and I wanted to post some pictures I took using an electron microscope that is on loan to the museum I run.

I think that you can also post using Tapatalk, Dave. Just save the image to your phone or tablet, then embed it from the app. It's then automatically hosted on their servers and linked into your message.

Personally, I still post most of my images to the WAMAS gallery and link from there. I pre-edit the pictures, though, for size before uploading them.

imgur works nicely and has various pre-auto-sized-options of the photo and the BB link already created ready to copy so you don't have to spend extra time editing or compressing

Thanks guys, I ended up signing up for an Image Shack account last night to try and get these out there.  Tom, I have not had much enjoyment using the tapatalk app from my phone (seems like Android platform may be the issue as Dave said it crashes).  Will see if those work.

By the way, we have the Electron Microscope now through mid-February.  Will put details in the post if I can get it to work.

Posted the pictures.  Would love to get some nice corallite structural photos but unfortunately I think I have only one single coral skeleton that has not degraded over time.  If memory serves correctly it's an A. valida skeleton but not certain of that as it's pretty thin compared to some.  Will try and get some corallite shots regardless.

Thanks guys, I ended up signing up for an Image Shack account last night to try and get these out there.  Tom, I have not had much enjoyment using the tapatalk app from my phone (seems like Android platform may be the issue as Dave said it crashes).  Will see if those work.

By the way, we have the Electron Microscope now through mid-February.  Will put details in the post if I can get it to work.

OK. BTW, my Tapatalk runs fine (with pictures) on my Android platforms (a Galaxy S4 and an LG 8.3 GPE tablet). It may be something limited to select implementations. Dave apparently has a Galaxy S6 and others reported the same problem with an earlier version of Tapatalk. Not sure if that's what Dave's encountering, though. I know that, thru reports that we get from Tapatalk, that a lot of our Tapatalk traffic comes through the app and most of it is coming from Android devices (about 65% of it).

Hosting images off site is certainly cheaper for us as our monthly rate depends on our # cores, traffic and storage use. 

Hah so apparently I had noth tapatalk pro and the newer one installed and was launching the older pro app. That's why whenever I tried to download the latest in the app store it was saying it was already installed. Thanks for the motivation to look further into this and figure out out!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hah so apparently I had noth tapatalk pro and the newer one installed and was launching the older pro app. That's why whenever I tried to download the latest in the app store it was saying it was already installed. Thanks for the motivation to look further into this and figure out out!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Glad it's fixed, Dave!