Crazy looking star fish lol

WCorbin82

Looks like it's grown a extra leg sense you posted this! And it looks totally amazing! I want a star fish but I want to let my rank mature a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's grown a extra leg sense you posted this! And it looks totally amazing! I want a star fish but I want to let my rank mature a bit more.

I understand your position on letting your tank mature mines (50 gallon cube) is only 1 month old actually. It was an impulse purchase which is a no no in this hobby lol but I couldn't resist

I don't blame you, I probably would have done the same thing. It's very cool looking. My tank is a 29g and it's been running about 4 months. The information Iv gathered recommends to wait about 1 year before adding star fish.

I don't blame you, I probably would have done the same thing. It's very cool looking. My tank is a 29g and it's been running about 4 months. The information Iv gathered recommends to wait about 1 year before adding star fish.

lol well everybody is an expert I guess lol. I don't see what a year difference will make from a healthy 4 month tank as yours. It's so many resources to seed tanks, establish tanks, etc. Both my stars are doing fine. And plus I have a brittle star as my clean up crew. Most reefers don't wait a year to add a sand shifting star, brittle star, etc. My advice is have good water quality and your wet pets should be just fine. But as I said everybody has an opinion on reef keeping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol well everybody is an expert I guess lol. I don't see what a year difference will make from a healthy 4 month tank as yours. It's so many resources to seed tanks, establish tanks, etc. Both my stars are doing fine. And plus I have a brittle star as my clean up crew. Most reefers don't wait a year to add a sand shifting star, brittle star, etc. My advice is have good water quality and your wet pets should be just fine. But as I said everybody has an opinion on reef keeping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the 1 yr thing is for Linkia fromia and stars like that and not so much brittle serpent or sand sifting because these stars eat detritus and clean up mostly. Linkia and fromia and sorts eat filmatious algae that takes time to develop and why most people with smaller systems don't have long term success because not only stars but also snails eat it and some fish and without ample time for it to replenish like in smaller setups they eventual truly starve to death.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk