Still struggling to dial in my ATO system.  Using an AVAST switch connected to SW1 of the breakout box.  Programming is:

Set up a virtual outlet:

SumpLow_A1

Set Off

If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON

If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF

ATO

Fallback OFF

Set OFF

If Outlet SumpLow_A1 = OFF Then OFF

If Outlet SumpLow_A1 = ON Then ON

When the pressure switch is exposed (water level low) the pump comes on.  When the water level rises, the pump turns off, then after about 2 second, the pump turns back on.  This is a problem.    

Thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove the redundant statements from your programming.   You don't need both statements since the opposite will be true if an event is triggered(or not triggered).  Those statements may be what is causing the issue.

Thanks Scott but that did not do the trick.  When the water hits the right level, the ATO turns off, then after about 2 seconds, if that, the outlet turns back on.

Are you using the Avast's ATO with the pressure sensitive switch?  If so, sometimes it loses it's sensitivity and you have to cut the tubing and re seat the tubing on the switch.

Also, how long does the light/pump stay on? 

I built in multiple fail safe programs

Here is my program for my ATO:

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If tp_low CLOSED Then ON (float switch)
If Outlet limit_ATO = ON Then OFF (virtual outlet that acts as a timer)
If Outlet H2O_in_pump = ON Then OFF (added to turn off during water changes)
If Outlet H2O_out_pump = ON Then OFF (added to turn off during water changes)
If Outlet topoff_float = ON Then OFF (virtual outlet for a float switch in my top off container, if the container is empty the ATO pump won't turn on (saves to the pump running when there is no water to pump)
Min Time 005:00 Then OFF (only can be on for 5 min)
Defer 001:00 Then ON (has to stay in triggered state for 1 min before the ATO turns on)

Thanks Scott.  Yes, using Avast's pressure sensitive switch.  It is as if the switch loses pressure and flips when it should not.

It is a long run from the sensor to the switch.  I may need to shorten.  Sensor is in the pump section of sump, switch on opposite side of the cabinet mounted with the Apex.

Definitely cut the end off part of the tube that connects to the box and "reseal" it.  I have had the same issue where it loses the pressure and the pump stays on.  Look at the sensor tube.  It should not have water in it when it is submerged.

great.

The virtual outlet timer was created as another fail safe and it can also generate an alert.  It is tied to a real outlet (float switch).   Here is the program for it:

[Limit_ATO]

Set OFF
If tp_low CLOSED Then ON
Defer 020:00 Then ON

To see a description of it see page 157 of the comprehensive reference manual.

I like to create multiple fail safe programs to keep bad things from happening :tongue:

Thanks.  So you turn your ATO off with a defer statement.  On for one minute?

Now that it seems to be working, I need to refine :)  Also need to figure out which alarms I want to set/email and set up my DOS.  The DOS will be next.

Thanks.  So you turn your ATO off with a defer statement.  On for one minute?

Now that it seems to be working, I need to refine :)  Also need to figure out which alarms I want to set/email and set up my DOS.  The DOS will be next.

What worm said.

I just set up my DOS last night.  :cool:

Need to Calibrate, then determine how much I need to dose.  Tank is still young but getting to the point that the water changes are not keeping up with CA and ALK.

Need to Calibrate, then determine how much I need to dose.  Tank is still young but getting to the point that the water changes are not keeping up with CA and ALK.

Doesn't take long.   Enjoy.

Tonight my display went weird. Letters and numbers are a bit jumbled. Apex support had me reset and update the display module. That worked for a bit, then it went weird again. Anyone have this issue? Suggested fix?