New Member from Charles County, MD

Hey fellow reefers.  I'm new to the site.  Been spending most of my time on reefcentral, but wanted to get in touch with more local reefers.  I inherited my Mom's 50g tank with 10g sump Fish Only system in Feb.  Dad was tired of taking care of it for Mom, and he never really actually took care of it.  Let cyano grow to outrageous size and thickness before needing to break it up and scoop it out.  Called it his coral.

So Dad brought it all up from NC to MD for Valentines Day weekend.  We got it set up and operational, i gave away the few damsels that survived the trip as soon as i could.  Scrubbed everything up and let it go through a small cycle.  READ READ READ on the forums and now 8 months later, wish i could have had more time to do things how I want them done now.  

I now have a DIY sump, 2 10g tanks connected with 2 bulkheads, a bubble magus curve 5 skimmer, 650 and 850 gph hydor power heads, no wave controller yet, and an aquitc life 4' 4 T5HO fixture.  Working on building my test kit inventory.  10g QT

I currently have 4 fish.  2 o. clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 ruby head wrasse.  I've also given in to trying corals.  Going soft at first.  I have some red mushrooms that are thriving, purplish/blue mushrooms that look the same as when i got them, same time i got the red ones and a green rhodactis mushroom which has not split multiplied at all.  Some green star polyps, which I'm told grow like weeds, but just sorta of stay the same for me, some green button polyps, they've grown the most and seem to be thriving, I've got like 5 new heads since I put the first 3 in there.  Zoa's - purple people eaters, hurricanes, and bam bams.  They look okay.  Except this new algae is taking over my hurricane frag.

I've added a few photos to photobucket which i just started while I'm at work.  Should be working 

Looking forwarded to being part of the WAMAS family.

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/Mike_Visek/library/Tank%20Stuff

Hi and welcome!