Selling order?

Djplus1

So I assume that a bunch here have had to deal with the hassle of selling off set ups for whatever reason. And barring a poor appraisal or the place catching fire, I will be moving in a month to Sykesville. Not worth trying to transport livestock with the weather being cold and moving duties and probably a good opportunity to take a break. The question I have is what is the best order to sell livestock?

My concerns are trying to sell someone a fish that I can't catch easily. Is it better to try to sell off a bunch of corals, liverock and corals attached to liverock first, and then have a nice open space to catch the fish, or is this going to somehow be bad news for the fish?

Clearly tanks and equipment go last, so I've got that down. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Have gone through that phase recently...IMO...sell the coral first and then the fish. That way there is less chance of breaking off your corals or damaging them. I couldn't even catch my fish with the rocks in...so I had to sell the corals...get rid of rock and then the fish. I did this back to back to avoid stressing the fish...it worked out well for me. 

good luck!

Thanks Scott. You're an "officer", where should I list this stuff? As a getting out thread on the "General Discussion" or keep it all in the "For Sale" section? Just don't want to miss out on buyers that aren't paying members over the next 30 days or so.

Thanks Scott. You're an "officer", where should I list this stuff? As a getting out thread on the "General Discussion" or keep it all in the "For Sale" section? Just don't want to miss out on buyers that aren't paying members over the next 30 days or so.

Teardowns listed in the "Gen DIscussion" are typically for those getting out of the hobby. No worries, the vultures will clear you out even in the FS section.